35. Puppets With Scars

RACHEL

RACHEL

I woke up by the sound of amused laughing and giggling. As my eyes tiredly fluttered open, the sun shone strongly into mine eyes. Squinting, I sat up before rubbing my eyes with my fists. The laughing and giggling was still lingering around me as my vision slowly cleared and my friends came to sight. They were circled around me with extremely amused expressions. Flustered, I looked around. What was so funny?

Noting that their eyes were casted down, something next to me, I dropped my gaze down and my limbs froze, eyes widening at the same time. A fast asleep Elliot was curled up next to me. His eyes were shut, his lips slightly parted while his cheek rested on his palm, peacefully.

Shit. I totally forgot about Elliot. How was I supposed to explain this? That he slept in the same sleeping bag as me because he literally always had to be on suicide watch?

When everyone continued to stare at us with their amused and curious expressions, I smacked Elliot's arm, making him jump up by the sudden strong impact.

"What the hell, Rachel..," he murmured with a husky voice. Oblivious to the situation he had gotten us stuck in, Elliot looked around, eyes blinking several times. When his gaze finally landed on our friends, Elliot's sleepy expression instantly fell as he rapidly glanced at me and then at the sleeping bag we were still inside. Together.

"What are you guys doing in the same sleeping bag?" Liv giggled.

Panicked, Elliot and I glanced at each other at the same time.

"I was...cold?" He almost asked, his cheeks crimson red.

"You were cold so you left your sleeping bag to sleep in Rachel's?" Madelaine asks, raising her brows. Amusement was clear across her face.

"I...yes...yes I did," he sounded like an idiot. A complete fool.

I facepalmed myself. Great. Just great.

"Guys relax, it's nothing to be embarrassed about. Hannah and Brandon sleep in the same sleeping bag all the time," Matt said, casually.

Hannah and Brandon's faces instantly flushed immensely red. And then everyone's attention turned to the two of them. Elliot and I even smiled by the sight of Hannah and Brandon being stared at with amusement by everyone. Soon everyone headed to their tents to change and prepare breakfast.

As soon as they were gone, I smacked Elliot's arm. "I was cold?! Seriously?!"

Elliot held his hands up in defense, his hair tousled, adorably. "Hey, you could've come up with a better excuse yourself."