Chapter 37

"Go to hell," I said. I dropped back down on my knees touching my dad, trying to wake him back up.

"Hope, he's dead, and if you want it to stay that way than by all means tell me and I'll leave," K said.

"Why should I trust anything you have to say?" I gritted my teeth ready to take him head on. "You're as pathetic as Hutch. As long as you get what you want it doesn't matter who you take down on the way right?"

"There's a difference between Hutch and me. I'm not in love with you. I could give two shits if you want to be with this guy. I just want a little revenge. And if you agree to help me, I promise I will give you your Dad back. I've seen it done too many times to count."

"What?" Slade said. "You think you can fix this?"

K shook his head. "I know I can fix this, I know a lady."

I clutched my chest staring at K for an answer. Could he help my dad?

Nona shook her head in disbelief. "We need to call the police. Somebody needs to call the police."

K ignored Nona's frantic plea. "There's this girl. Her name is Eve and she has the power to bring back the dead. Problem is, she's out of commission and it would take a miracle or a witch to change that."

My jaw dropped.

K raised a finger. "One more thing, she kind of is in love with my brother and he would kill someone before anything happened to her. But if you want your father back it's worth a shot right?"

"What's in it for you?" Slade asked.

"She was the love of my life. She left me at the altar; I guess you could say love is a great motivator after all," K said. "I wanted revenge, but the two of you have me wondering if you could work your magic in more ways than one."

I sighed. Nothing could ever be easy.

K extended his hand introducing himself. "Kenny Carlo. Some call me K."

The end.

Don't forget to vote! And keep on reading the series! Book 4 is available.