Ignoring instructions

"Okay, so we're splitting here," Hermione says as they come to the stairs heading to the girl and boy dorms. After a few seconds she kisses Ron's cheek and rushes up the stairs with a smirking Rose behind her who winks at Scorpius causing him to chuckle.

"O-okay," Ron says blushing as he starts up the stairs to the dorm with Hugo in his arms.

"I like it in here but I think there's too much red," Scorpius says looking around the room.

"What are the colors at our house? Green," Harry says playfully as they follow Ron.

"Well, the mansion is decorated with a lot of gray and black. Father likes to say he used the color of his eyes and your hair but there is a little bit of green and red here and there," Scorpius explains causing Harry to nod liking the sound of what he's saying.

When they get to the dorm it's empty and they quickly walk to their beds and change. Harry gives Scorpius robes to change into so be heads into the bathroom and when he comes back out they are a bit big. He doesn't mind much but he starts wondering how the robes are going to fit James and Lily if these are this big on him.

He looks over at Hugo who is just sitting on Ron's bed playing with a stuffed toy with his teddy under his arm. "Where'd that come from?" Harry asks wondering why Ron had something like that.

"Not sure I think my mom might have sent it but I'm not sure why, I'm lucky I guess," Ron answers shrugging as he picks him up and places him on his hip.

They head downstairs only to meet the girls as they are about to head out of the painting. They meet up and walk out together and Rose ends up next to Scorpius. "You don't look so bad in Red," Rose says smiling at him.

"Thanks," Scorpius says pushing the tie further up to seem cool in some way.

"Though they are a bit big," Rose says lifting her arm to show it is a bit longer and her pants are a bit baggy.

When they reach the doors a spell hits both of them out of no where and their clothes suddenly fit perfectly. "I swear you don't know anything," Draco says rolling his eyes when he walks up with James in perfectly fitting Slytherin robes as well as Lily who is in his arms.

When he gets close enough he kisses Harry on the cheek making them both blush and chuckle. "It seems we 'traded' our houses for our time here," James says as he walks up and stands next to Scorpius as they walk inside and those who are still in there turn to look at them. "Though I haven't even started yet."

They all sit at the Gryffindor table because there aren't that many people there since school is close to starting. They all dig in and the two little ones eat more than the older kids. "So, where do we go?" Rose asks.

"Well, you guys are going to head back to the Room of Requirements because we have classes and you probably don't want to suffer through those," Harry says chuckling before Hermione hits his arm. "Ow."

"And the little ones will get bored and you need to watch them," Hermione says smiling at them as they get up having finished their food. They walk out and head to the stairs separating at they head to their first class. "Go straight there!"

Once they reach the floor they walk off to convince their parents that they were going, but then Scorpius turns around and speaks, "You know who I want to visit? Hagrid."

Everyone cheers but Rose because she knows it isn't a good idea to leave the school. "Guys you know how much trouble we are going to get into if we leave," She says trying to change their mind because she knows that if they do leave she will have to go with them.

"Come on Rosie loosen up," Scorpius says wrapping his arm around her shoulders, which is something he often does. "I just want to see if he is any different now than he is later on."

She sighs not even bothering to remove his arm from around her. "Fine, but I'm only coming along to help watch the kids," Rose says walking over to Hugo and Lily and grabbing their hands as they walk back towards the stairs.

Scorpius just watches her leave as he chuckles. "Why is she so grouchy?" James asks as he stands next to Scorpius not seeing the feelings his brother feels for the red head.

"I think she is just a bit homesick," He responds before he starts following behind her not wanting the stairs to change before they get on them.

Once they get outside they make sure to be careful as to not be seen as they head towards Hagrid's little hut. For such a large man his house is quite small but it's comfy so no one can really argue. Scorpius can't stop himself from thinking this as they get closer.

"Seriously? Is this guy like incredibly small?" James asks as he inspects the hut in front of them a bit revolted by its hovel like appearance. He is so used to the mansion or the Burrow that anything smaller is strange to him.

"You've met him before James," Rose says looking at him with a 'Are you serious?' face.

"I mean I don't really remember him but what I do remember is that he is literally part giant and that is not a big enough house for a giant," James is saying but eventually shuts up when they get close enough for him to possibly hear.

Rose let's go of Lily's hand as she knocks on the door and stands back a bit. After a few moments the door swings open and the giant of a man stands in front of them. "May I help you?" He asks looking down at them.

"Woah," Lily breathes as she stares at him and can't help the smile that grows on her face. "Hi, I'm Lily!"

"Oh, hello little one," He smiles down at her when a confused look appears on his face but it soon fades to realization. "Y'all at the little ones from the future aren't ya?"

"Yeah, the Potters and Weasleys," James says to clarify and speed up the process of any introductions that would occur.

"Well, should y'all be her? What 'bout y'all parents?" Hagrid wonders as he opens the door further inviting them in.

"Well, they are in classes and we didn't want to stay in the Room of Requirements all day," Scorpius says matter of factually before receiving a glare from Rose and changing his answer. "Fine, I didn't want to stay in there all day."

"Well, it be nice to have company," Hagrid says grinning at them.

Sorry about Hagrid I don't really know how to write in his 'speak' so it does sound a bit country.😅😅