Chapter One// Dream Big

Third Person/Manny's P.O.V:

"Sometimes, hearing someone else's experience can make you moremotivated to get results for yourself. In a way, it's like you're experiencing their dreams yourself. I'm sure you're aware that when the mind 'thinks' about something, it's more or less the same as actually doing it. What do I mean by this? Well, I've used the example before that dreaming about skydiving fires almost the same exact circuits in your brain that doing it waking life does. So by dreaming about it, you're planting that experience in your brain. The same could be said about hearing someone's lucid dreaming story. By hearing others experiences, you sort of make them your own, and it's a great way to get inspiration for your own dreams, as well as learn what others are doing in their dreams. I loved reading lucid stories when I was first starting out, and I'm sure you're much the same."

* * *

As Mr. Peterson talked, Manny zoned him out.

Never in his life would Manny find himself at the DSCC or the Dream State Concentration Camp.

But lately, he has been having terrible nightmares.

So his mom and dad who are too rich to deal with him, shipped him off to some Dream Camp all the way in Arizona to "Help Him"

A few days later he's sitting in a large room with a man talking his mouth off on the first day of this camp.

It's not easy to stay awake for Manny so he started to drift to sleep.

Before he was fully asleep he heard someone calling his name.

"Manny Ortiz, Manny Ortiz, is there a Manny Ortiz here?" Mr. Peterson asked loudly.

"Right here," Manny said shooting up from his chair.

"Um, wrong direction Mr.Ortiz." Mr. Peterson said.

"Oh sorry," Manny said sleepily turning around.

The room erupted with laughter.

"Would you mind reading the exercise, Mr. Ortiz?" Mr. Peterson asked.

"Excuse me?" Manny asked.

Another eruption of laughter.

"The poetry exercise, you know the poem about your most recent dream no nightmare." Mr.Peterson specified.

"Oh sure," Manny said.

"There is a firehouse,
bricks of various colors,
living amongst it,
a child with an abusive father,
and sadly no mother,
He'd walk around with a blue backpack,
skinny and frail,
rugged clothes, hair dirty and blonde,
with a long story to tell...

Um well, that's kind of it..." Manny said.

Dead silence.

"Oh, well care to explain what that's about?" Mr.Peterson asked.

"Um... Not really." Manny said.

"Well okay everyone that's all the time for now so please exit to the auditorium and waits there for you to get your room and keys," Mr.Peterson said.

"Oh and remember, Dream Big!"