01.{ɢᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɢʀᴏᴏᴠᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋ }

Valeria Simone-Washington
February 9 1995•

"I just don't see how you can stay with that lowdown cheating ass bastard. I mean it's plenty of more guys out here that'll treat you better." Jada spat as we sat outside on my beach chairs. In a way she had a point, I was tired of Jeremiah cheating on me, I was his wife for crying out loud. Jada and I had met a few years back at the Billboard awards, she was one of Pac's good friends and I loved her as soon as he introduced me to her.

"I get that Jada, but we made a promise. I can't leave him even if I wanted to." I spoke and took a sip of the creamy vanilla shake I had been sipping on. Jeremiah and I had been married since we were 18 and the both of us were knocking on 30. I couldn't picture myself with any man other than him.

"Yeah but you look stupid for even being with him. That man has been with just about every female in the industry. You need to live a little, have some fun." Jada suggested and I nodded getting where she was coming from. It was true, Jeremiah got around but at the end of the day he came home to her and not these industry groupies.

"I bet you're into that Monogamy bull shit aren't you? I mean if you ask me, that is for the birds. Look, Pac is throwing a big party tonight. All the hottest artists are going to be there. I'm pretty sure Jeremiah wouldn't mind, just come out and have the funnest time of your life." Jada said trying to persuade me to go to this party. I wasn't really a party person, I'd rather stay in and watch Martin. "I don't know Jada, you know that's not my thing."

"I'm not taking no for an answer V. So go ahead and put on your big girl panties because you're going." Jada said and I sighed deeply.

"Jada I'm not going to that party."
~~~~~

|3:30 AM , Beverly Hills Hotel|
{R O O M: 454}

I moaned lightly at the feel of his soft lips grazing my neck. "Don't hold those moans back baby, let me hear you." His deep voice whispered into my ear making me shiver.

"You know, I've been watching you all night by my lonely. I gotta admit I'm kind of envious of Jada. Cause it's like she's so close to you and I've been trying to say the right things so I can get close to you." He whispered softly into my ear and licked my earlobe.

I wasn't a fan of adultery or even the thought of infidelity. But it was something about this guy that had me on a ten. He had me damn near ready to jump bones with him and forget about my husband of 10 years.

"Lay back baby, I'm about to show you what it feels like to receive good love."

How did we even end up in this predicament?
••

{Previously: 1:00 AM, Tupac's Party}

Jada had somehow influenced me to go to Pac's party. Indeed, it was everything she said it would be. However, I'd be lying if I said I was enjoying my time here. I wasn't a heavy drinker and I wasn't much of a dancer either.

I sat upstairs in the V.I.P section, sipping on a virgin drink and bobbing my head to the music that was currently playing. Jada was out on the dance floor getting her grind on with Pac. I always thought that they would be a cute couple, but she simply saw him as just a friend.

I went to spark up a another blunt, but that's when I felt a specific pair of eyes watching me. Slightly turning my head to the side, I saw him. DeVante Swing Of Jodeci. I didn't really know him, but when I first saw them at the Billboard Awards in 92, I admired how gorgeous he was. I was a little inebriated, so that meant I was a little bolder. I motioned him to come here with my index finger, he smirked and walked my way.