I Knew Him

-Peter's P.O.V-

Peter woke up with a headache so bad he could feel the pulse behind his eyes. He recognized the feeling of course, with his powers came the senses dialed to an eleven, and HYDRA took full advantage of that. They had a remote that powered something (every time HYDRA used this thing Peter was in too much pain to actually focus on his surroundings) that sent a harsh frequency through the air. It was kind of like a dog whistle, but ten times worse, and specifically made for Peter.

Peter's ears ached, and when gathered the strength to actually open his eyes, he noticed he wasn't in his dainty cell.

He was somewhere much worse.

"It seems, Spider, that your experience with the Traitor, may have triggered a few things," A voice said in Russian.

Peter's blood ran cold when he heard the voice. He was going to get wiped. He tensed against the restraints on his wrist, and watched as Zemo made his way out of the shadows. 'What a creep...' Peter thought, but didn't dare to say out loud.

"I knew him," Peter croaked out instead. "He recognized me. How do I know him?"

"Nothing you need to know. I could tell you, but you won't remember. Not after this," Zemo said as he opened a black leather book.

Peter started to weakly struggle, the exhaustion from the harsh frequency used earlier making his mind and movements sluggish.

"Желание," Zemo read off smoothly.

Peter continued to struggle, "No..."

"Ген," Zemo continued.

Peter felt the few memories he had slowly recovered starting to disappear, but clung onto them in a death grip.

"Взрыв," Zemo said, smiling at Peter's struggle.

Peter's struggle grew, and the pulse behind his eyes grew stronger. His memories seemed to slowly slip through his fingers, and Peter desperately clung to them. "Stop it!" Peter screamed, throat burning from the action.

"Звезда," Zemo warbled, "Пять"

Peter roared, and more memories slipped somewhere he couldn't follow, "Shut up!"

"Приручить," Zemo said, smiling deviously at Peter's pain. "Два."

Peter finally broke out of the restraint of his left leg. It was bleeding and bruised from the amount of force Peter had used to get free.

"Потерял," Zemo drawled, "Восемь."

Peter screamed, the sound much like an animal, and broke his right wrist out. It was bleeding just like how his ankle was. He gripped the restraint on his other leg, and tugged at it wildly. His memories were slowly drifting. The only one left was the feeling of warmth, and something bright. The restraint broke off, and he scrambled to his feet while desperately pulling at the last one around his wrist.

Zemo smirked, and with a tone of sinister satisfaction, said he last word that would erase Peter, "Активов."

The Spider froze, and stood as straight as he could with the thing around his wrist. He didn't know why it was there, but it probably had some use, so he didn't fight, nor question it.

"Spider, are you ready for your next mission?" A man in front of him asked.

Wolf Spider didn't meet his eyes, choosing instead to stare at the wall behind the man. An instinct inside the Spider told him that this was his boss. He should do whatever he said without question, as he was his superior, and should be listened to.

"Ready to comply."

"Good, your next mission is to get rid of the Avengers."

-Steve's P.O.V-

Steve sat on the couch next to Bucky, their hands entwined, as he made sure Bucky knew he was here. Made sure Bucky knew he was Bucky, and not the Winter Soldier.

"I helped train him. When I was back with HYDRA. We were part of the same program," Bucky said breaking the long silence.

"So he was the weapon we were sent to get?" Scott asked with a disbelieving expression on his face, as he shook his head. "Who the hell would do that to a kid?"

"HYDRA," Wanda said from her spot next to Vision. She took a sip of her chocolate that Steve suspected had a bit of Vodka in it. "They are not above using children for their own purposes. However inhuman those purposes may be."

Vision squeezed Wanda's shoulder in a reassuring manner, "Agreed, in my experience with HYDRA, however small it may be, they are not ones to have a moral code."

"And if they do, it's ridiculously low," Tony added.

"What was his name?" Wanda asked.

"Peter," answered Bucky.

"Why him? From Clint and Steve's description he seems pretty lean," Natasha stated.

Bucky shook his head, "Don't let that fool you. It's because they don't feed him enough, he has quick metabolism, so he burns through food quicker. If they fed him correctly, he could be as strong as Stevey over here."

"So he has super strength?" Steve asked. "That would explain how he was able to do kick my shield back to me. But how did he get the drop on me those first two times?"

"There's a reason his code name is The Spider," Bucky deadpanned.

"You mean he actually shoots webs? From where?!" Tony exclaimed with a weirded out look on his face.

Bucky had a thoughtful look on his face, "It's... complicated. I don't know everything about it, but if he does have organic webbing, he doesn't use it. He has these things around his wrist where the webbing come from. It's where the knives are kept too."

"He dodged my arrow," Clint said, "How quick is this kid?"

"Very. He knows when things are coming at him. Don't know the correct thinking behind it, but he told me once that it was just a feeling," Bucky explained. His tone turning a bit quiet at the end.

"You knew him," Steve said.

It wasn't a question, but Bucky nodded anyways, "He helped ground me. But after a few years he was taken away, and I never saw him again. I was wiped, so I didn't remember him."

"Why was he taken away?" Scott asked.

Bucky just shrugged, "I'm not sure. I didn't even remember him until the mission."

"By the looks of it, he didn't remember you either," Rhodey pointed out, "Why?"

Bucky was about to answer when the all the lights in the building went dark. "What happened?" Steve asked Tony.

The man quickly swept through security footage on his phone. His lips pursed, and he looked directly at Bucky, "It's Peter."