Is This Okay?

-Peter's P.O.V-

When Peter woke up the next day, he woke up hungry. He had skipped dinner last night, not wanting to go out into the room he had to be lead out of. He also didn't remember eating much yesterday anyways. Of course he'd gone longer without eating, but that didn't mean it was a comfortable feeling.

He shifted in his bed, sitting up in a better position. He closed his eyes and breathed in deeply, trying to control his erratic breathing from his nightmare. It wasn't the worst, but it didn't mean it hadn't shaken Peter. He had yet to have a dreamless sleep, and it didn't really bother Peter as much anymore.

He slipped out from his bed, put his glasses on, and started to walk to the kitchen. Something small would do. An apple, or a banana. Peter knew he really should be paying more attention to what he ate, but it was fine. He didn't really need to eat as much as the others were feeding him.

He looked up when he smelled something that wasn't here before. It smelled a bit like a campfire, and wilderness. He saw a large dog that came up to about his waist, with dark eyes, and black hair. He stared at it, vaguely recalling the missions where he had to get past guard dogs. It stares back, standing to slowly walk over to Peter. The boy stood still, not wanting to attack it if it wasn't going to hurt him.

He crouched down, now eye level with the dog, and put his hand out for it to smell. It sniffed it, the warm breath making Peter's hair stand on end, but his spider sense wasn't going off, so Peter didn't move. The dog rubbed its head against his hand, and walked back over to where it came from.

Peter looked up to find the two Gods who had arrived yesterday standing in the kitchen. Wanda at the stove with a spatula in hand. "Good Morning, Peter," She said with a smile. Her eyes flickered from Peter, to the Gods, to the dog, then back to Peter. "Hungry?"

Peter nodded, and went to go sit on one of the bar stools. He wasn't going to refuse food if they were going to give it to him. Background music was playing, violin music, but it had an extra bit of energy. Wanda raised an eyebrow at him, and made gave him a glass of water with her magic. "Thank you," He mumbled, and took a small sip.

"Ah, you must be Peter! The Man of Iron had told me about you!" Thor announced, clapping Peter on the shoulder, and making him flinch. He wondered what Thor had been told about him.

"Yes, I'm Peter. Thor, right?" Peter asked for confirmation.

"Indeed! This is my brother Loki! I will be keeping an eye out while we are here!" Thor explained with a large smile. He had an eyepatch on one of his eyes, and Peter couldn't squish the small pit of curiosity in his stomach.

"Hello," Loki simply said in a bored tone.

Peter nodded, "Nice to meet you two." He didn't miss Loki's face flash with confusion and shock. He looked down when he saw the dog from earlier put his head on Peter's lap. Peter scratched behind the dog's ear, and rested his chin on his other hand.

"That is Fenris," Thor introduced, "He is Loki's dog! He came into our care when our sister destroyed our home!"

Peter couldn't stop the small, and confused, 'What?' That came out of his mouth. "A sister?" Wanda asked in surprise, "You never mentioned her."

"I did not know of her until our father told us about her, before he died," Thor said, voice losing the excited tone.

"Oh," Wanda mumbled quietly. She cleared her throat, "I am sorry, Thor."

"The time has passed, thanks you for your kind words, young Wanda," Thor thanked. Wanda nodded, and returned her focus onto the stove. "So Peter, how do are you enjoying the Compound?"