CH 37

Dave watched her walk across the living room, peel off her shirt and throw it aside. He felt himself freeze when she looked over her shoulder and smiled, "Coming?"

Damn near, he thought to himself as he hurried across the room behind her. She laughed as he wrapped himself around her, pinning her arms to her sides and ducked to kiss her neck. They staggered into her room and Liz wiggled herself out of his hold, still smiling as she pulled an acoustic guitar off of her neatly made bed. Dave looked around as she set it carefully on a stand, noticing that the back of the double-sided gas fireplace was at the foot of a massive dark wood bed filled with white linens and comforters. She appeared in front of him again, this time throwing her arms around his neck and pulling him down so she could kiss him.

"I thought you were tired," he smiled against her lips.

"Well I was and then this guy I'm into just shows up in my bar and then my bedroom and it's an opportunity I couldn't pass up," she shrugged and kissed him again, grinning when he backed her up to the foot of the bed and leaned into her until her back was on the duvet. He held her tighter and kissed her harder, worried he might suddenly wake up and be back in California, alone in his bed, wondering if she missed him as much as he did her. She groaned when he suddenly pulled away, standing above her as he discarded his own shirt. He smiled when she reached up for him, pulling him back down to her by the front of his jeans and sighing when he began kissing her neck.

"I missed you," she breathed, weaving her fingers in his hair.

He growled a little against her hot skin. She had no idea how badly he had missed her, how many times he pulled up her number on his phone, how many times he had read and re-read their texts, how many times he had dreamed about her. He began to move faster, frantically pulling off her jeans and throwing them to the side of the bed. When he looked back down, she was already further up the bed, leaning against the mountain of pillows. She laughed a little when he scurried up to meet her, stopping him with her hands on his chest when he tried to kiss her.

"Slow down."

"We have two days to make up for, I'm not slowing down," he shook his head and leaned down to kiss her neck again.

He felt her sigh and lightly drag her fingers up his arms as he worked his way down her collarbone, dragging his lips along the swell of her breast. Her breathing hitched and her back arched, giving him the space to slip his hand behind her back and unsnap her bra. Liz smiled a little as she tossed it aside and moved her hands to push him back when he bent his head to her breasts. He quickly caught her wrists with his right hand, pinning them to the pillow above her head as she stared up at him with wide eyes, the air in the room suddenly serious again. He kicked her legs apart with his knees, settling into her hips and pressing them into the soft bedding. Her body was practically vibrating against his when he leaned forward to kiss her before whispering against her cheek.

"We're going to make this work."

Her breathing faltered and he felt her give a subtle nod, flexing her wrists against his hold. Leaning into the arm that held her, he slipped his free hand from her hip to her chin, turning her head slightly towards him. He slowly eased himself into her, watching her eyes flutter closed at the feeling.

"Even if it doesn't," her voice barely audible, "this is what I'll remember."

He kissed her again, not caring what it took to make her his at this point. He belonged to her whether she liked it or not. Her eyes opened to meet his when he rocked his hips against her and the strain in her arms finally relaxed. He loosened his grip on her wrists, worried she might try to push him away again, but smiled when she laced one hand with his and gripped his shoulder with the other. They found a rhythm together, moving as if there were an unspoken language between the two of them and before long he felt her body begin to tense, starting from her legs and working it's way up until her fingertips were digging into his back.