CH 79

They could hear the crowd in the room laughing as Dave jogged down the hallway with Liz cradled in his arms.

"Dave!" she laughed and held tightly to his neck. "Put me down!"

"Hell no," he grinned and ran down a long hallway, opening a metal door with his back. A line of black transport vans waited in the secure loading area and he hurried to the first one in line. He ducked into the van and tossed Liz on the bench seat in the far back, only letting her go long enough to slam the sliding door behind them. When he turned back to her, she had slid to the seat farthest away but he grabbed her ankle and pulled her down, covering her body with his. "I missed you."

Liz grinned, but her reply was interrupted by the driver when he called back to them in French.

"Hotel t 'Sandt s'il vous plait," she replied.

Dave pulled her back down again when she tried to sit up, "You speak French?"

"Some," she admitted. "You don't take a class on the progression of European Opera without learning a little."

"Nerd," he laughed and kissed her, groaning at the feel of her lips. His memories of her didn't even hold a candle to the real thing. "Tell me you love me," he felt her skin heat up as he kissed her, dragging his lips across her cheek to her neck.

"Je t'aime, tu m'as manqué...," she sighed and pulled his lips back to hers, but stiffened when the driver cleared his throat.

Dave smiled against her skin, "You think he isn't used to seeing some asshole rock star make out with a girl in the back of his van?"

"Oh so this is what you've been up to?" she teased. "Dragging women into vans to make out with them?"

He dipped his head to kiss her, trying to ignore how much her comment stung. She was obviously being facetious, but she had described exactly how he had cheated on every woman he had loved before her. Sneaking any girl that got his attention from the VIP area to transport and then to the hotel where Gus and the rest of his band would pretend not to notice was his game and he had it perfected. Until the day he opened his hotel room door with a brunette hanging from his neck to find Jordyn innocently watching some garbage reality show while she waited to surprise him. Begging his wife not to leave him to the soundtrack of the Kardashians was something he never wanted to experience again.

"I love you," he whispered, trying to banish those thoughts. He wanted to be better. Hurting Liz like that would be completely devastating and having to go through another public breakup, this time with two famous people involved, sounded like hell on earth.

Liz held him closely and tilted her head to give him better access to her neck and shoulder. "I love you, too." She sounded uneasy like she knew she had dredged up a bad memory and in an effort to return the mood in the back seat to one of lust rather than regret, wiggled her legs free so she could wrap them around his hips. "J'ai envie de toi..."

He groaned again and took a deep breath in an effort to calm himself down before he fucked her right in the back of the van, "I have no idea what you just said, but if you keep it up the driver will get the entire show and not just the previews."

"You think he isn't used to seeing some asshole rockstar-" she started but he interrupted her teasing with another kiss. They spent the rest of the twenty-minute drive making out and laughing whenever the driver stopped short at a light, almost sending them tumbling off the bench seat to the floorboards. They were so wrapped up in each other both figuratively and literally that they didn't notice when the van pulled up to the hotel's main entrance.

"Shit," Dave hissed when the van's door slid open and the flash of cell phone cameras illuminated their dark back seat.

Liz laughed and gently shoved him off of her, covering her eyes against the bright lights when he climbed out of the van to the yelling crowd. "Merci," Liz said to the driver, fully aware that he had dumped them at the main entrance rather than the back to receive a payout from at least one of the autograph hounds that were currently descending on Dave.