Part 1

♫  songs to listen to while reading this chapter :)

Jungkook - Paper Hearts & 10cm – Phonecert 

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ 

Taehyung was in a very good mood today. Well, he was usually in a good mood, except on the days when he had to wake up at 6.30 am. It wasn't even that early, but he simply wasn't an early bird. 

So he was in bewilderment when he saw his schedule for the new semester. His lectures on Wednesday and Friday started at 7am in the morning. Why?? Whoever came up with the schedule was the Devil himself! It was pure torture for Taehyung to wake up so early and get ready on time.

He was currently in his third year of university, majoring in Fine Arts. The course covered a range of subjects from photography, sculpture, graphic design and painting. The last one was definitely his favorite, he just loved drawing so damn much, it was his passion.

So back to the reason why he was exceptionally hyped up today – he has been painting all afternoon, Monday was his favorite day of the week, simply because he had a Paining class from 1pm to 5pm. To some people it might seem like a lot of time, but once you sit in front of the canvas, the time is never enough, at least for Taehyung.

His professor was also really nice and usually let the students choose what to draw, he just gave them a theme, a very general one, which gave everyone a lot of freedom. Today's theme was 'Nostalgia' and the brush in Taehyung's hand started moving on its own once he heard the topic.

In less than two hours, he was greeted by his grandmother's beautiful, smiling face. It's been over a year since she passed away, but Taehyung felt like the old woman was still by his side, watching over him, giving him strength. He had loved her dearly and still had it hard to accept the fact that she was no longer there.

But looking at the portrait he had just drawn, a smile naturally appeared on his lips. He recalled all the times when his grandmother used to sing him to sleep, play with his hair or tell him stories of her youth. Whenever he visited her house, there was the fresh smell of flowers, the woman's garden was her treasure. She always fed him with cookies and hot chocolate on the cold afternoons and Taehyung loved spending hours and hours talking or just listening to his grandmother.

She could no longer answer back, but the boy still spoke to her at times – he asked her for advice or bragged that he had done well on an exam, he told her about his day and mumbled how much he missed her, how much he wanted to see her.

So, yes... a portrait of his grandmother with a smile on her face, a flower in her hair and a steaming cup in her hands was the definition of Nostalgia for Taehyung.

He was really pleased with the result and so was his professor who told him that he wanted to include his painting in a showcase entitled 'Dear One'. Taehyung was overjoyed, he had been praised numerous times over the years, but it was the first time one if his babies would be shown to the world. He was often even called a genius, because most people needed days and days to create a piece of Art, but Taehyung sometimes needed hours, just like today, he was that talanted. It was a simple painting, he mainly used dark colors, so he could fit the theme and yet his work radiated happiness.