twenty-nine : i need you with me

late ass update but hope you enjoy! i don't really know anything about certificates and all. just go with it!!

it has been a week since grayson and i got married and it was finally the day when i'm meeting up with martin. it's his birthday today and i have bought him a little gift. it was just a pair of timberland shoes and also an oakley sunglasses. i've noticed that he had started to like wearing sunglasses for some reason so that's why i got him a pair of sunglasses.

grayson is going to be starting his work at his office again today. i'm glad that he's going back to work because when he's home, he doesn't do his work in the day but he does it after i go to sleep at night. no matter how much i scolded him for not taking care of his sleeping hours, he will just reply me with "as long as my wife gets enough sleep and taking care of herself, i will be fine."

he doesn't really mind not getting enough sleep. i have no idea why. but now that he's working in the day, i had forced him to sleep early the night before. being a wife means more responsibility. i have to take care of my husband's breakfast and his attire. basically, take care of him well. even though we have house servants, i want to be able to at least do something for grayson. i can't depend everything on the servants.

when i had finished plating grayson's food onto a plate and also a glass of orange juice, i placed them on a tray and asked one of the helpers, lana to help me bring the tray up the stairs since i have to hold onto the handle to go up. lana seemed to be fine with helping. she's a nice lady. basically, all of them working in the house is nice.

once we reached the top and the front door of grayson and i's bedroom, i opened the door before taking the tray from lana, offering her a smile to which she returned. i thanked her before walking in and using my back to close the door. i walked slowly to the bed and placed the tray on the nightstand.

i took a seat next to grayson. his back was facing me and he was shirtless. i placed my left hand on his forearm, shaking him gently to wake him up. he stirred around a little. he turned his head and blinked his eyes a couple of times, adjusting to the brightness of the room. a grin came onto his lips when he saw me and he took my hand that was on his arm in his own.

he placed a light kiss on the back of my hand.

"good morning, my queen." he greeted, his voice raspy and groggy from sleep.

"good morning, my king."

we just stared at each other for a few minutes. grayson sat up when his eyes landed on the tray next to the bed. the thick duvet slid down to his waist level and his upper body showed. i gulped. i had told him a few times not to sleep with clothes off because it's cold and he might get sick but he doesn't care because he said that if he's sick, i can pamper him.

however, i'm not complaining either. when we sleep, the warmth of his body is engulfing me and i really have a good sleep almost every day now.

i stood up and got the tray from nightstand, placing it in front of him.

"did you make this?" he questioned, rubbing his eyes.

"no, alex did." i answered. "i could've cooked for you but there's this someone who told me not to do anything and just rest."

"i did that because i care for you. after you have given birth to sunshine, then we'll talk. if not, just keep quiet and rest. that's all i'm asking." he said, giving me a pointed look.

"yeah, yeah. whatever." i rolled my eyes at him.

i looked at anywhere but him. he tried to get my attention but i'm not going to let that happen.