Chapter 3: Famous? Me?

"Victoria Hope, daughter of Bethanie Jones and Edward Hope, survived an attack from You-Know-Who when she was only a baby, both parents died, to this day it is unexplainable as to why Harry Potter and Victoria Hope are the only two people who can survive the unforgivable Aveda Kedeva curse," I read aloud from 'The Rise and Fall of the Dark Arts and Great Wizarding Events of the Twentieth Century'.

"It's nothing much, unlike Harry who considerably weakened him," I murmur, placing the book down, looking over at Harry. " I just survived but you nearly took his life."

Before anymore can be said a small bell is heard throughout the train. "That's the warning bell. We'd better go and look for Neville's toad. You two had better change, you know, I expect we'll be there soon," I quickly say, dragging Hermione with me.

Yep, Hermione's always been one to jump between conversation subjects. It's a wonder how she manages to keep her sanity with so many things running through her mind.

"Whatever house the dark brown haired one is in, I wanna be in too," I hear Ron say to Harry as we leave the cabin. "Even if the other girl is in it."

House? What's that? " Hermione, what are houses?"

"Oh, I haven't told you! At Hogwarts we will be sorted into houses, like our dorms, based on our personality, I don't know how they do it but I guess we will know it when we arrive. There are four houses, Gryffindor seems to be the house of bravery, Ravenclaw is brains, Hufflepuff kindness, and Slytherin pureblooded wizards. I hope to be in Ravenclaw but Gryffindor doesn't seem so bad either," She explains, her eyes scanning the floor for the toad.

Pureblood...what's that?

Frowning, I mutter discouraged to her, "I'll be most likely put in Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw but the former seems more accurate. I am too nice for my own good."

With that, we give up looking for the damn Toad and return to our cabin only to see a red-faced Neville clutching a struggling Toad.

------------------------------------------------

"Ye' all get yer firs' sight o' Hogwarts in a sec," Hagrid called over his shoulder, "jus' round this bend here."

"Hello again, Hagrid," I greet as I walk past him, catching his smile at me as I walk behind him.

There was a loud "Oooooh!" as the narrow path had opened suddenly onto the edge of a great black take. Perched atop a high mountain on the other side, its windows sparkling in the starry sky was a vast castle with many turrets and towers.

"No more'n four to a boat!" Hagrid called, pointing to a fleet of little boats sitting in the water by the shore. Hermione and I get into a boat followed by Harry and Ron.

"Everyone in?" shouted Hagrid, who had a boat to himself, lucky I don't think anyone could fit in a boat after he has sat in it. "Right then...FORWARD!"

The fleet of little boats off all at once, gliding across the lake, which was as smooth as glass. Everyone was silent, staring up at the great castle overhead. It towered over them as they sailed nearer and nearer to the cliff on which it stood.

"Heads down!" yelled Hagrid as the first boats reached the cliff; they all bent their heads and the little boats carried them through a curtain of ivy that hid a wide opening in the cliff face. They were carried along a dark tunnel, which seemed to be taking them right underneath the castle until they reached a kind of underground harbour, where they clambered out onto rocks and pebbles.

"Oy, you there! Is this yer toad?" Hagrid asks indignantly, who was checking the boats as people climbed out of them.

"Trevor!" Neville cries blissfully, holding out his hands. After that we clamber up a passageway in between some rocks after Hagrid's lamp, coming out at last onto smooth, damp grass right in the shadow of the castle. They walked up a flight of stone steps and crowded around the huge front door.