13

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE 1000 READS MARK!!!!!!!

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Smells assaulted her nose, and there was a throbbing pain in her leg. She reached to touch it, her movements were sluggish and not well coordinated causing her to fall from where she lay landing face first into solid ground.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" It was the female wolf from before, she didn't like her, she saw her as a threat to Damien and growled as she approached.

"Alpha Damien! She's awake!" The only word she understood was Damien. She moved to sit up, groaning as pain wracked her body. The female crouched in front of her. She let out another growl.

"It's okay, I submit to you," the female bared her neck in response and then she understood, the female was submitting to her. Footsteps echoed within the building, and Damien came into view, the other male following close behind.

She felt at ease with Damien near, she could tell the other male did not like her. It was the way he stood, guarded and unmoving, that spoke volumes.

Movement had returned to her limbs, which tingled uncomfortably as she got up. Pain lanced up her leg and she felt the skin tug and pull. She ran her fingers over the ridged flesh, feeling stitches holding it together. She felt the same tug on her side. It was when she looked down to examine what had been done did she acknowledge the item covering her body.

It was soft to the touch and reached to just the end of her torso. She looked to Damien, and pointed down at it, hoping he'd understand what she was wondering. He did, shirt, he called it. It was a simple word, and much easier sounding than stitches, on her tongue.

"Sit," Damien motioned for her to sit, and she did, back onto what she'd fallen from. It was easier for her to associate the words Damien spoke with the actions he gave. The words rolled off the front of his mouth, where she'd noticed that speaking to her pack, her words came from her throat, which made it an odd transition to speak from her language to his.

"Damien, I'm going to talk with her," the other male spoke, and Damien only nodded in response.

"Shewolf, I do not know how you came to be what we call feral, but your presence is harming our existence," the first thing she noticed was his ability to speak to her in her tongue, the second were the taken aback looks from his beta and Damien.

"I protect my pack, Male. From those that would harm it. They came with strange things, things that would, and have killed. I do what I must," she growled. She did not like him even more than she already had, telling her what she did was wrong. Who did he think he was?

"Then I will ask, that once you are healed, you take your pack elsewhere, you do not belong in this town," the request was simple, and it pained her to know that he was right. They hardly belonged anywhere, but here least of all.

"Fine, I shall," her words were terse, and the only response given was a stiff nod.

"Is that all? What did you say to her? How come you did not tell me you knew how to communicate with her?" They had resumed speaking in their tongue and all she could do was listen and pick out words, but it hadn't proved fruitful before, so why would it now?

"I told her the issue at hand, and she's agreed to fix it. Give her time to heal, Damien, and then all will be right again," the other alpha exited the room, and she was left with Damien and the other shewolf. Damien seemed wary of the pther Alpha, perhaps there was something more to his words than he was letting on.

"I will go as well, I'm sure that Alpha Raymond will want to further your conversation on the treaty agreement," then she left too, and it was her and Damien. She wanted to tell him how she felt, that she was sorry for all of this. If she had not lead the hunters this way, repercussions would have different. She would most likely be dead.

If she were dead, they wouldn't have to deal with her anymore and these oneshapes could resume their normalcy. She would heed what the other male said, because she knew in the long run, her existence would only make it harder for Damien's pack.

She looked Damien square in the eyes, which softened as they stared back into hers. She stood again, the pain was still there, but she could manage that now with the tingling gone. Damien rushed forward to stop her, but she put her hand out to stop him. She would do this on her own, she would heal on her own so she could leave them at peace.

He stepped back, away from her so that she could step easier without running into him. She hissed at the pain shooting up her leg, but kept going, he lead her outside where she could relish in the scent of the trees and grass.

Irik was there, along with the rest of her pack, even Shirak and the rest of the females and pups. They all let out barks of relief. Had the other male talked with them? Did they know what had happened?

Jerod had come out, and greeted her with an acknowledging nod, before talking to Damien.

"Let her go with her pack, you need to return to finish the treaty agreement,"

She didn't need to know exactly what he said to understand that she needed to go. It was going to be a long walk back, but the day was relatively early, that they'd reach their land before nightfall. She looked back as she went, noticing that Damien's eyes stayed on her until she was out of his line of vision.

Her wolves surrounded her on every side, as shifting wasn't an option for now. She had already felt the tug of the stitches in her twoleg body, and in her wolf form, they'd rip right out as they had when she was running from the hunters.

She needed to heal, and take her pack elsewhere.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

I am fully aware that it has been almost an entire month since I've last updated. And I am deeply sorry, but school caught up with me, and I needed to focus on that and keep my grades up.

My college applications are due in less than a month and I'm so busy during the week now, but I swear I will do my best to update when I can.