Chapter 27

EDITED

"How can you go on a date with him? How!" Her father asked in a surprised tone and she sat down.

"Why can't she go?" She heard her sister grumble loudly. "He is very cute, I just googled him. Good going sis!"

"Oh my God you guys! It was not a date and will you please stop stalking him?" Sonia said in an exasperated tone. "He came to know it was my birthday and, as a gentleman, offered to take me to dinner. That is it."

"That's sweet." Her mother said and she could her the smile in her tone.

"How did he...how did he know it was your birthday?" Her father asked and she bit her lip.

Could she tell them that he was at her apartment? No, they will get the wrong idea and she did not want anything to fuel her stupid thoughts.

"I guess from some document." She said slowly, hoping this excuse would work.

"And was that document your birth certificate?" Her father asked in a don't-try-to-fool-me tone and she sighed.

"No." She mumbled.

"Then in which document have you written your birth date-

"Oh stop it Dad!" Her sister interrupted and Sonia thanked her in her heart. "What is this? An interrogation?"

"I am just-

"Okay that's enough darling!" Her mother said and Sonia chuckled. She could totally imagine her father leaning back on his chair with a pout. "Our daughter is an adult. If she can go to another continent full of strangers, she can also go on a date with someone she knows, right?"

Sonia grinned as she heard her father mumble something and shook her head.

--

Did his parents really think he went on a date with Sonia?

Drago wondered as he drove to his office.

Why would they think that? It was just dinner and it was just platonic.

And he dropped her home every time because he is a gentleman, not because he was her date or anything!

Besides, Sonia is just...a friend and one time she was alone and hungry and this time she was alone on her birthday. So he offered to take her to dinner as a friend because she is new here and doesn't know much about the surroundings. And that was clearly apparent from her sheer, naked excitement as they had enjoyed their food and conversations.

It always feels so good to talk to her. She is such a kind, intelligent woman who works so hard everyday just for others. Although she's known to be from a rich background, he has never seen an ounce of pride or attitude in her eyes or actions. She lives in a loft apartment for God's sake! He had never seen one before hers. And she's so-

Stop! Stop thinking about it Drago. Think about...Gina. Yes, she is the one for you. Don't think about another woman! Gina, yes. You have loved her and waited for her forever, surely your feelings can't be wrong? Yes, she is playful and flirty with other men but she's not tied to you, she can date anyone she likes. And once you are together, which you will be, everything will be fine.

So what if she had said yes to someone else's marriage proposal, she didn't marry him, so that means she didn't love him! That's a sign that you're meant to be together. Just wait and everything will fall into place.

It has to.

Drago's mind raced as he drove past the orphanage's construction site. The sudden urge to take a turn was so much for him that he was brought back to reality by it. He shook his head in confusion and kept driving until he reached the office.

--

"So, are you saying that you have a massive crush on Drago Barzetti?" Tara asked in a shocking tone and Sonia covered her face in embarrassment.

"I never said massive." She groaned and lied down on her bed, putting her phone on her stomach and looking at the ceiling.

"But a crush nonetheless. Interesting." Her friend's amused voice came from the speaker on her phone.

"It's nothing, I mean, what is a crush anyways?" Sonia shrugged, trying to be nonchalant.

"Infatuation, passion, obsession, lov-

"Okay stop it!" Sonia shouted and sat up frustrated.

"I just googled crush and told you the-

"Forget about that. Tell me, what should I do about it?" She asked, shaking her head and hands frantically.

"Tell him." Tara said simply and shrugged.

"Excuse me, what? I can't tell him that!" Sonia gasped loudly at her unbelievable friend.

"Why not?" Tara asked, clearly confused.

"First of all, he's Drago Barzetti!" Sonia started counting on her fingers.

"No, right now, he is a guy you like. Just tell-

"I...no, I am not going to tell him that. I mean, maybe it's not even a crush. Maybe it's just a fleeting infatuation type feeling-

"I literally just told you crush means infatuation too. Do you not listen to me?" Tara grumbled and Sonia bit her lip.

"I am just saying...what if it's not a crush. What do I even know about having a crush, it's-

"Exactly. You don't know anything about having a crush. The last time you had a crush on someone was this guy who had opened a bottle for you because the lid was too tight and you thought he's the strongest man alive. Also, we were in kindergarten then." Tara reminded Sonia.

"Okay, whatever. What I am saying, is that, what if it's not a crush and just something momentary? Maybe it'll just go away in a few days." Sonia said with some hope in her voice.

"Listen, if you get butterflies in your stomach or your hands go sweaty or you blush a lot whenever he's around or get tingly when he touches yo-

"Stop!" Sonia said loudly, and felt her face burn in embarrassment.

"Then you definitely, one hundred percent have a massive crush on him. Simple." Tara concluded, leaving her friend wondering.

Butterflies in my stomach? Check.

Sweaty hands? Check.

Blushing a lot? Check.

Raised heartbeats? Check. Extra points.

Oh no, I definitely have a crush on Drago Barzetti.

Fuc-

--

I do not own the picture. Credit goes to owner.