FROM YOONGI

Sixteen - From Min Yoongi

I didn't want to reply.

Yet my feelings belong to you and I need to get rid of this heartbreak.

So here I write, to you.

Thank god this is a short reply you're never going to get.

I just want to take a moment to thank you. Thank you for teaching me that love is more than just arguments, darkness and jealousy. You taught me that it can be affection, playfulness and intimacy. Thank you for being the love I never deserved, the love I'll never get back.

Thank you for loving me even when I was not lovable. Thank you for teaching me lessons and boundaries. Thank you for being here for me on my journey.

Our journey.

I miss us being us.

I'm more than aware that I was the one who couldn't get over you. I was the one who felt too much. I'm sorry that I was hurting when the only person I had loved so much, left me to love herself.

I shouldn't blame you; I know. But all these tearful nights- wishing for you to love me again and be mine irritate me. You were more than a lover. We were best friends and you left so easily.

I'll always remember us. You were my first love, but I should've let you go a long time ago. I was just greedy.

I hope life is treating you well serenity because the last time I saw you, you called me in the evening when the sun set too soon, sobbing horribly. I picked you up in my car after your therapy session where you opened up about the sexual abuse from childhood.

I remember wanting to focus on you instead of the road in front of me. I wanted to reach over and hold you as you cried in my arms, but I had no right to anymore. I know that you just needed a presence who knew about your uncontrolled past. So, I sat with you, wiped your warm tears as you left my car with a forced smile.

You no longer love me the way I want you to and I still need to accept that.

I'm glad we're on good terms. I guess I should thank you for that too.

I love you.

Goodbye from Yoongi