Undying love and attention

(Okay I'm sorry I just had to put that pic as the header because I was laughing so hard 😂)

-After a LONG day's work-

Knockout was on the brink of collapsing when he returned to the Medbay. Breakdown had to hold him up, even drag him at times, just to get back to the Medbay.

All they could think about was sleep. Sweet, precious sleep. But first, they needed to tend to their sparkling.

Knockout's wounds were still fresh and causing him pain, but he forced himself to shake it off and smile at his sparkling. "Hey there, Cascade... Look who's back.." he mumbled, gently nudging Cascade with his finger.

Cascade was curled up in a ball, shivering slightly. He froze when Knockout poked him and peeked at him from between his fingers.

"Carrier and Sire are back! In one piece thank Primus..." Breakdown groaned, rubbing his optics.

Cascade squealed in happiness, clinging to Knockout's arm. Knockout smiled, lifting him up and holding him in his arms. Cascade pressed his head against Knockout's chest for comfort and sighed in relief, his tiny hand wrapped around one of Knockout's fingers.

"I'm glad he isn't too traumatized by that..." Knockout sighed, gently stroking Cascade's helm.

"He's a tough little kid, just like his parents." Breakdown chuckled, wrapping an arm around Knockout and pulling him close. He yawned and stretched his other arm, wincing at the extreme soreness in his joints. "Want to go in our room? I'm beat..."

"Yeah... I could use a good recharge right about now..." Knockout mumbled, carrying Cascade into their room while Breakdown followed close behind.

The door slid shut behind them and they finally had some peace and quiet to themselves.

Breakdown basically flopped onto the berth, making Cascade giggle loudly and clap his hands.

"Haha, you like that?" Breakdown chuckled, gently squeezing Cascade's cheek and kissing his forehead.

"Do it again. I think it's pretty funny." Knockout snickered, bouncing Cascade in his arms.

Breakdown got back up and grinned, flopping onto the berth again. Cascade laughed even louder, clapping his hands in excitement.

"Okay okay, no more. My back hurts..." Breakdown groaned, laying his head back and sighing.

Knockout got onto the berth beside him and set Cascade down in between them. "Want me to massage it?"

Breakdown hummed quietly and nodded, rolling over so Knockout could reach his back.

Knockout smiled, scooting over and beginning to gently massage Breakdown's sore back mechanisms.

Meanwhile, Cascade was watching intently as Knockout's fingers pressed against the firm metal on Breakdown's back. He tilted his head, placing his tiny hand on Breakdown's back and doing the same motion.

"Ey! Your hands are cold!" Breakdown laughed, flinching at the sudden touch.

"That's not me, dear. That's your sparkling doing that." Knockout chuckled in amusement, watching as Cascade tried to mimic his movements.

"Oh, is he trying to help?"

"Apparently he knows his poor sire is in pain." Knockout sighed as he rubbed Cascade's helm gently with his hand.

"I'm not the only one. You should let me care for you too." Breakdown added, shifting his weight to get more comfortable.

"You're more important than me. You and Cascade deserve my undying love and attention." Knockout sighed, cracking his knuckles when he finished massaging Breakdown's back. "Feel better?"

"Yeah, thanks darling." Breakdown smiled, rolling back over and kissing Knockout on the cheek. He yawned again and sighed, closing his optic for a moment.

Cascade noticed this and crawled over to Breakdown's head, curling up beneath his chin and drifting into recharge.

Knockout couldn't help but take a few pictures of the cute moment. He had to save memories like this one because they may never happen again. He giggled quietly so that he wouldn't wake them up, taking the last few pictures before putting away the camera and yawning as well.

He laid down facing Breakdown and wrapped an arm around him and Cascade, sighing in content. Before darkness enveloped him, he saw the mech he loved so dearly sleeping peacefully with their sparkling.

What more could he ask for?

I miss you... [Book 1] On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara