Say what?!

-Autobot base- 

"Don't you think we should do something? The little guy's been crying for almost two hours..." Arcee mumbled to Ratchet, who was already annoyed by the sparkling's presence.

"He'll be fine once he realizes he's safe. He's crying because he thinks he is in danger." Ratchet replied with a grumble, glancing over at where they were keeping the sparkling in a makeshift crib.

"Wouldn't he also be crying because he misses his parents? Ever thought of that?" Bulkhead growled, glaring at Arcee.

"Shut up, Bulk! For all we know his parents could be dead! We have to care for him." Arcee snapped back, trying to make herself look taller in front of Bulkhead.

"Would you two quit bickering! I'm trying to work here!" Ratchet interrupted them both with a sharp tone.

"Whatever..." Arcee huffed, storming over to the crib and peering in. Her optics widened when she realized that the sparkling wasn't there. "Uh guys? Where did the sparkling go?"

"I thought you were watching him!" Bulkhead exclaimed, looking at Ratchet.

"How am I supposed to watch him and do work at the same time?! One of you was supposed to watch him!" Ratchet retorted in annoyance, whipping around to face Bulkhead.

"Well quit whining and find him before Optimus comes ba—" Right as Arcee said that, Optimus came into the room and glanced around.

"How is the sparkling?" He asked, lumbering forward and tilting his head.

All three of them gulped nervously and slapped a smile on their face.

"H-he's fine, Optimus... I think he finally fell asleep.." Arcee blurted out, trying not to lose it.

::Hey guys! Look at what I found!:: A few buzzes from Bumblebee caught everyone's attention.

Optimus turned around and saw Bumblebee standing there with the sparkling in his arms. He glanced over his shoulder at Arcee and raised an eyebrow. "Did you give the sparkling to Bumblebee?"

"No... the sparkling escaped while we were arguing." Ratchet said, glaring at Arcee and Bulkhead.

Optimus turned back to Bumblebee and looked at the sparkling in his arms. "He's still crying?" He noticed that the sparkling was sad and tears were rolling down his face.

::Yeah, I heard him down the hall and went to investigate. He was all by himself calling out for someone.:: Bumblebee replied, gently rubbing the sparkling's helm.

"Who was he calling out for?"

::Someone named Knocky?::

Arcee froze, her optics wide in surprise and shock. That sparkling belonged to.... Knockout?!?!

"Knockout?" Optimus finally said after shaking off the initial shock of this discovery. "I wasn't aware that he possessed a sparkling."

Suddenly, Smokescreen entered the room and looked around with a confused look. "What's going on? Woah, is that a sparkling?!" He went to run over to Bumblebee, but Optimus blocked him with his arm.

"Optimus don't you remember? Breakdown is Knockout's Conjux. Y'know, his partner." Bulkhead chimed in, remembering the battle with Breakdown in the cave. "You let him go when we were fighting him in the cave because of that."

"I remember now.... but that still doesn't explain how they got a sparkling." Optimus mumbled, turning to Ratchet. "Ratchet, is it possible for two mechs to produce a sparkling?"

"The odds of it happening are very slim, it's almost a 1 in a million chance!" Ratchet replied, still shocked.

"Could you run a CNA test to see if the sparkling really does belong to them?"

"I-I mean sure.... but I'm just telling you that it is very unlikely that a pair like them produced this sparkling. Hand him over." Ratchet held out his hands and Bumblebee set the sparkling down in them.

Everyone turned and watched silently as Ratchet walked over to his Medbay and set the sparkling down on one of the medberths.

"Can someone please tell me what is going on?!" Smokescreen asked, but he was shushed by Arcee.

Ratchet scanned the sparkling several times, completely baffled by the results. He just couldn't believe it! "By the Allspark.... the sparkling has CNA from both Breakdown and Knockout! It is their biological sparkling!"

"What?! How is that possible? I thought only a mech and a femme could produce a sparkling!" Arcee exclaimed, her optics widened in surprise.

"It's a medical miracle and a mystery. How intriguing..." Ratchet mumbled under his breath, scooping up the sparkling and walking back over to the group.

"So What now?" Bulkhead asked, looking up at Optimus.

Optimus frowned a bit and glanced at the sparkling. "We return this sparkling to his rightful parents. They must be worried sick...."