19

"Hey Vicky! Come and join us!" Cara waved her hand at me while holding a small bucket filled with sand. She and Brian are going to build a sandcastle.

I know. They are so childish.

Lucas on the other hand, is buying us drinks.

"Uh no thanks! You guys go and play." I declined as I shook my head.

I continued to lay down on the blanket which we brought along and enjoying the sunlight which slowly burns my pale skin. I put in my ear buds and closed my eyes, slowly getting lost in my own world.

"EXCUSE ME!!!"

I was startled with an extremely loud voice near my ear and I jumped, opening my eyes in the process.

I looked around to search for the person who almost got me deaf. I turned to my right, then to my left, and found nothing. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

But then all of a sudden I heard someone clearing their throat from above. I looked up and saw a very good looking guy with a tanned body. He surely burns himself a lot.

I just blankly stared at his packs when suddenly he asked, "Done checking me out?"

I rolled my eyes. "What is it that you want?"

He took a sit beside me, a little too closely, and pulled his knees to his chest, surrounding his arms around them. He rested his cheek on his knee as he looked straight into my eyes with his green ones.

I raised an eyebrow, still waiting for him to answer my question.

"I called you like four times but you didn't hear me. Anyways, do you want to play beachball?"

My eyes brighten up after hearing that. Beachball? Hell yes.

"I want to!"

He was surprised due to my sudden outburst before laughing uncontrollably, clutching his stomach with his hands.

After he has calmed down, he swiped off his tears, "Well my friends and I are going to play beachball but we are short of people. So if you wanna join us-"

Before he could finish his sentence I cut him off by standing abruptly. "Well what are you waiting for? Let's go!" I exclaimed excitedly.

He chuckled and mimicked my action. "Come on." He then brought me to his friends.

"Hey guys, this is uhh.."

Oh yeah, I didn't tell him my name yet.

"Vicky." I looked over to his friends and smiled. They returned my smile, but there is this one particular girl who kind of has the smallest smile of them all.

"Hello." A guy greeted me.

"Hi." A girl said as she waved her hand.

"Fine choice, dude." Another guy said and punched the guy who invited me slightly on his arm.

The guy hissed in pain and I decided to ask him his name.

"Oh sorry about that. I'm Cameron but you can call me Cam." I nodded my head in understanding.

I felt someone shooting daggers at me so I looked at their direction. It was the girl earlier, who had the small smile. I smiled at her and she rolled her eyes and ignored me.

I jutted out my bottom lip into a small pout. Cam noticed my action and gave me an apologetic smile, "Don't worry about her. She is a little bit anti-social."

"Okay."

We made two groups. I am with Cam, the girl who waved at me whose name is Rebecca and a guy with sunglasses and has an incredibly tanned and muscly body named Eric.

While the other group we have the girl who rolled her eyes at me, she is called Quinn apparently, another girl with twin tails named Sandra and two other guys from earlier.

"Let's begin!" Cam said.

We took our positions and got ready to play when suddenly..

"Victoria." A deep voice called out my name dangerously.

I gulped, and turned round just to face Lucas who is scowling at me.

"Hi, Lucas." I laughed awkwardly.

"Victoria?" Cam asked me.

"Oh yeah, that's my full name but everyone calls me Vicky. Except for him of course." I muttered the last sentence under my breath.

Lucas took steps towards me and I unconsciously took some steps backwards. If looks could kill, I would already be dead as meat.

Everyone is looking at our direction and I could happily say that I can die embarassed right now.

"I searched everywhere for you." He sounded as if he was hurt.

"Sorry. They invited me to play beachball and I just couldn't-"

"You should've told me first." He said, running his fingers through his hair.

"Sorry." I whispered.

He stared at me for a moment before he sighed, "It's okay. But just, don't do that again."

I nodded my head and he patted my head, giving me a smile. I instantly smiled back at him.

"Mind if I join you guys?" He asked us but his eyes never leaving mine.

The guy who punched Cam's arm earlier who's name is Kyle immediately agreed, "Join our group! With toned guy like you, we could definitely defeat Eric."

"No." Lucas declined instantly. "I want to be in your group." He said looking down at me with his puppy eyes.

My heart melted looking at the sight and I nodded my head, smiling widely.

"Oh come on. Don't tell me we are short of people again." Cam complained.

"Oh! Oh! I'm just gonna watch then." Sandra raised her hand up.

"Are you sure?" The guy who greeted me, Aaron, asked.

"Of course. I'm bad at beachball, anyway." Sandra said, already stepping out of the game. "Plus I can enjoy my view." She said dreamily while staring at Eric and Lucas with hearts in her eyes.

Aaron rolled his eyes and glared at Eric and Lucas. Whoa, okay.

"Alright, so that's that. Eric, why don't you join the other group, since this clingy guy wants to cling with Vicky." Cam suggested.

"Why'd you call her that?" Lucas shoot a glare at Cam.

He shrugged, "She told me to."

"You did?" Now I'm the one who's being glared at.

"Yea?" I said, unsure. "What's wrong with that?"

He sighed and shook his head.

"Can we just start the game please?" Rebecca sounded out.

Quinn stayed quiet the whole time while glaring at me.

Aaron also continued to glare at Eric and Lucas.

Lucas and Cam kept shooting daggers towards each other, no one's backing off.

Alright then.