33

A/N: Hi guys, I wanna say that I don't know a single thing about cancer and tumor. So if you guys find anything weird in this story which is not cancer-like, I beg you please ignore it. Sorry for making you feel uncomfortable with my lack of knowledge!

Victoria's POV

After that embarassing moment, Lucas decided to stay over our home for a few weeks. I asked him, "Why a few weeks? Why not a whole year?"

Of course, I was being sarcastic. But Lucas being Lucas, he said that it is actually a good idea. I rolled my eyes at that and he flicked my forehead making me groaned in pain.

Right now we are having dinner in the dining room. My mom helped me in getting onto the wheelchair and then she pushed me out of my room. I'm wearing my beanie. Even though Lucas had complimented me that I look beautiful when I'm bald, I still have some anxieties.

We made it to the dining room and I saw Lucas fighting about some soccer stuff with J. He was saying that this team is the best team ever while J said otherwise.

"Cut it, boys. No fighting at the dining table." My mom scolded and my dad just chuckled while shaking his head at them. They are already treating him like a family member. Why am I not surprised? Oh yeah, this is my family that we are talking about.

My mom positioned my wheelchair in front of the dining table and I instantly dig in. Lucas is sitting on my right side while J is sitting beside him. Both my parents are sitting on the other side.

I was struggling with my shrimp when Lucas asked me in a whisper, "Why are you wearing that beanie?"

Not wanting to tell him the truth, I said, "My head was feeling cold." He just nodded and then helped me in removing the shrimp's skin. I thanked him and continued eating.

"Lucas," My mom called him and he immediately gave his attention to her, "I absolutely don't mind it for you to stay with us for weeks, but what about your parents? Are they okay with it? Also don't you have a job?"

I held a breath and took a peek at Lucas to see what kind of reaction he's making. I don't really think 'family' is a good subject for a conversation when it comes to him.

But to my surprise, he looked rather calm. "My father is taking over my position at work so there's actually no problem at all. Also, when I told him I was going to stay here, he immediately encouraged me to 'go get it'. Whatever that means."

After that, my mom didn't push the subject when she realized that Lucas mentioned only his dad. She then changed her attention from him towards J, and asked him about his grades. Hah, sucker.

I'm now in my room with my dad. He's helping me with getting into bed since I just got done with brushing my teeth.

"Heave ho." He groaned while putting me on my bed.

"I'm not even that heavy. You're making it sounds like I weigh a thousand pound." I said boringly.

He shrugged his shoulders, "Maybe the shrimps are adding on it."

I drew my eyebrows together, "I only ate two. How is that even possible?" If this was a text message, I would've added 'lol' after that.

He chuckled, "Whatever. Now drink your milk and go to sleep. I'm also gonna sleep now." He said and then yawned. I giggled and bid him goodnight.

With that, he was out of sight.

I stared at the door where my dad vanished a second ago for a moment before sighing loudly. I took my glass of milk and drank up while thinking about random stuff.

To say that I'm chill would be an understatement. I don't know, I feel like if I die right now, I would be okay with it. It's like there's nothing left for me to do here, so why not leave?

But then Lucas came to mind.

I really had no idea that I was going to see him again after that early morning. But now that he's here, should I be grateful that he's here to see me or should I be sad that there's a big chance for me to see him cry while I–? ya know.

With another loud sigh, I closed my eyes until the darkness fully consumed me.

***

It's been a week and a half now since Lucas came here. We spent time together almost everyday. He would usually come to my room to chat with me and sometimes we also went outside to play with the snow. Christmas is in a few days and today my family are going to decorate our house with those Christmas thingy.

I was sitting on the sofa in the living room while staring at my mom who's decorating the Christmas tree. Dad, J and Lucas are out buying some stuff. That reminds me...

"Hey mom." I called her and she hummed.

"What are they buying?"

"Some stuff."

"Well, yeah, but what kind?"

She turned around and looked at me like 'are you really asking that question?'. I shrugged and she sighed as she continued her work, "Christmas stuff, honey."

Ohh...

"Mom." I called her again.

"Yes?"

"Are you going to make a fruit cake?"

"Of course I am!" My mom stated in disbelief, "What kind of question is that?"

Well actually I'm bored out of my mind and that's why I'm trying to make a conversation. Lazying yourself all day can be tiring too.

"Mom."

My mom sighed, left her work and walked up to me. Then she sat beside me, giving me her full attention.

"I'm bored. I wanna help too." I told her. She smiled apologetically at me and engulfed me in a tight hug. We stayed like that for what felt like 15 minutes and then we heard the guys' voices from outside of the house, indicating that they are back from the shopping.

We pulled away from each other and she carassed my cheek. I saw an unshed tear in her eyes. She took a deep breath and put both her hands on her knees, "Okay then. Why don't you help me with making the batter for the cake?"

My eyes shone so bright I could make my mom blind as I grinned widely at her, "Okay!"