21

Cara and I are currently shopping for some dresses as I am invited to a party as Lucas' partner for some event from his company.

I usually hate parties because it makes me suffocate but he insists for me to go with him. I really don't get it, I mean, why me? Why not ask someone else? Now my Friday night is going to be ruined.

"Oh my God! Cara, look at this dress! It's so gorgeous!" I exclaimed excitedly as I tugged Cara's hand to get her attention.

What? Getting excited over a dress doesn't mean that I'm also getting excited over tomorrow's night.

Cara finally averted her eyes from the dress she was staring at and looked at me with a bored face. "Yeah? Try it on then."

"You are not even looking at it. Look!" I whined and shoved the dress to her face.

Her eyes widened at the sight and she gasped, "Wow this dress is a bomb! Go on, try it on!" She encouraged and pushed me towards the fitting room.

"W-Wait! The price–"

"Just. Try. It. On."

"Okay, okay." I surrendered.

I tried the dress on and damn I'm looking beautiful. I hate to admit it but this dress makes my potato-looking face better than ever. I want this dress, I thought to myself.

I opened the door to show Cara how it looks. Her eyes examined my body up and down and the next thing I knew, she squealed making all the human races which is inside the shop shot their glares at us.

"You finally found the one." She put her hand on her heart and sighed contently.

"Its price must be at least 1459 dollar or something." I muttered sadly.

"I thought Lucas gave you his credit card."

"No way in hell I'm using that! I'm not a gold digger."

Cara sighed and ran her fingers through her hair. She looked down on the floor as if she is thinking about sonething so deeply. Then her face lightened up and she looked at me, smiling from ear to ear.

"Hey, I suddenly feel very thristy. So can you be the sweet Vicky and help me go buy some milkshake while I search for more dresses that you might want to try on for the party?" She asked with her infamous puppy eyes.

I looked at her in disbelief, "Why should I? You go, I'll just search for another dress myself."

I don't want another dress, I want this one. But I know where I stand so I'll just go find another one.

Cara insisted for me to go for her as she is lazy to walk miles away just for a drink. As of me, I love to walk especially by myself. So being the sweet Vicky, like Cara has said, off I went to the Milkshake Factory, my personal favourite place to hang out at in this big mall.

The workers has literally recognized me as I always go here whenever I need space for myself. This is because this shop is not really that popular and I am one of the fewest people who always buy a milkshake from this place.

"Vicky, it's been long since I last saw you." Wayne, the cashier and the friendliest one out of all the workers here, greeted me as soon as I stepped in the place.

"Hi Wayne. I've been busy with some stuff." I shrugged and took a sit on one of the stools there. This place is very small so it's comfortable for us to have a conversation.

"You finally found the one, huh?"

I blushed crimson, "No." I denied while purposely looking elsewhere.

He just chuckled and with no further ado, asked the drinks I would like to have. I ordered an oreo milkshake for myself and as for Cara, I ordered m&m's milkshake. She loves that one.

Wayne and I chatted about random stuff while I waited for him to finish making our drinks. Once he was finished, He gave them to me and bid me goodbye. As soon as I stepped out of the shop while sipping some of my drink, I bumped into someone. Not like some cliche stories, I managed to save Cara's and my drinks, so they didn't stain the other person's shirt, much to my relief.

"I'm sorry." I apologized to that person.

"It's okay, Vicky." Wait, how do they know my name? I'm not wearing any kind of nametags. I looked up to see that person's face and oh.

"Cam." I gasped.

"Miss me?"

After the other day's incident, the feeling of guilt has been eating me alive since then and I just couldn't forget about it.

I guess he sensed my worries as he put his hands on my shoulders and massaged them lightly, "Don't worry about it, I can easily walk around now, see?" He spreaded his arms to both of his sides to prove me how fine he could stand.

I just gave him an apologetic smile.

His grin and arms immediately dropped when he saw it and turned me around so my front is facing the shop. He put an arm around my shoulders, "Let's go sit and talk."

"But my friend is waiting for me–"

"Text her and tell her to come here once she's finished with whatever she is doing."

I was conflicted at first but then if I declined, it would seem very rude. So I decided to stay and texted Cara to come here, no matter how lazy she is.

"It's not your fault." He began once he ordered his drink. Wayne looked at me curiously before smirking as if he knew what was going on. No, he didn't actually know.

"I know, but what my friend did might affect the way you think about me, so I–"

He cut me off, "Why would I change my thoughts towards you?"

I shook my head as I saw that he didn't understand my point of view, "Well, doesn't it work that way? I mean, friends always do things together so I thought maybe if you think my friend is a son of a bitch, then maybe you think I'm also the same as him." I explained.

He looked at me intently, as if searching for something, and sighed. "Vicky, I see a kind person when I see one.." He paused, "..and you, Victoria, is the kindest, most polite, most honest and most generous person I've ever seen in my whole life."

I didn't know what to think in that moment.

But what came across my mind was definitely,

the name Victoria sounded so foreign when he was the one who said it, instead of Lucas.