TWENTY-THREE

PART  TWENTY-THREE

Ξ GU,OD Ξ

F O U R D A Y S L A T E R

"So how is chicana?" Sad Eyes questioned while taking a long drag of his blunt

"So how is chicana?" Sad Eyes questioned while taking a long drag of his blunt. "She's doing good, man. She left the hospital three days ago. Doctor said she'll be healed completely in a matter of weeks." I elaborated, my lips stretched into a wide smile. "Look at you, getting all giddy over some girl." Sad Eyes chanted, nudging me.

I shook my head followed by the lick of my lips. "Nah, she ain't just some girl. She's the one." I hummed knowingly. "How are you gonna deal with Rico when his abuelito is gone?" I took a sip of the water which Sin traded in for all of the beers. "I'm saving up for a house nearby Freeridge. Sin, Rico, Cesar and I will live in it like the true family we're supposed to be. It's gonna take a while but I'll figure it out."

"If you need me to do anything, you know I'm here for you, mi vato." Sad Eyes proclaimed, no sign of playfulness detectable in his voice. I reached my hand out, conjoining it with his as we performed our handshake. "I appreciate it. I'm gonna visit babylove right quick." I announced before standing up, entering my house.

"Tener cuidado, Spooky." ( be safe )

I swung the piece of wood that purposed as the front door open, resulting the hinges to groan in protest. The obnoxious sound of Diego's voice floated in the still air. My gaze landed on Rico who laid sprawled out on the couch, snoring lightly. Chuckling to myself, I made my way over to the couch and turned the TV off. The cartoon's voice immediately died along with the screen which turned pitch black.

I dipped down, gently pressing my lips to Rico's head. "Sweet dreams, little hombre." I mumbled, my words muffled by his head full of hair.

I knocked on the door for what seemed like the thousandth time before it finally swung open. The beauty this woman before me held, would never fail to surprise me. Her twinkling, dark brown eyes lit up at the sight of me, which I swear was nothing compared to mine. "Hey, babylove." I chanted as I leaned against the doorframe. A dazzling smile graced her face and her cheeks turned a shade darker than her glowing complexion.

"What's up with you and all these nicknames?" Sin queried playfully. I shrugged, the smirk never leaving my lips. "I have many more to come. Don't get used to this one."

"Too bad. I like this one more." She huffed before dragging me inside. "What my pendeja wants, my pendeja gets." I chanted in a playful manner. I greeted Monse and Jamal which replied back with a simple 'hey' before Sin pulled me into her room. "Hey, what's up with the rough behavior? You wanna get down or something? You know I'm ready if you're ready." I jested.

She turned around and to my dismay, her expression didn't match mine. I stared into her eyes which were filled with sorrow and regret. My knees went weak and my head started to spin. I could feel my consciousness shut itself down, in order to not participate in the conversation she was about to hold with me.

Her lips quivered. Not from fear or from the cold that lingered in her room, but because of the awful truth.

Was she really about to-

After all we'd been through?

After I have fallen so deeply in love with her?

"O," She stammered, in attempt to keep the tears from falling. Sin reached her hands out, cupping my cheeks. She caressed my flesh soothingly, almost succeeding to minimize my nerves and thoughts of distress. "I should break up with you." She cooed. Her voice so soft, yet the words cutting deep into my being like a blunt knife which wanted to pierce all the way through my heart.

I frantically shook my head, as if to scratch the previous words from the walls of my mind. Tears pooled my eyes, blurring my line of vision. "Y- You can't, Sin. I will break without you. I can't do life without you. You're the only person I've loved this much. I don't know what to do with my life if you aren't in it." I stammered hopelessly, in attempt to cloud her thoughts on our separation.

She shushed me, embracing me in her arms. The warmth I had grown to love over these past months seeped into my flesh, thrumming through me. She had successfully managed to calm me, even though she was about to proclaim the most heartbreaking news ever.

"It's okay, I won't break up with you." She cooed, a faint smile lining her lips. I darted my watery eyes up to her twinkling ones. "Y- You won't?" I questioned, hope latching onto my consciousness. She eagerly shook her head, before planting a kiss on my cheek, kissing away a tear I didn't know had fell.

"My father knows about us and doesn't approve because of the fact that you had almost murdered him. He gave me an ultimatum; either I break up with you or he kicks me out of the house. I regret the fact that I hesitated about what I would do for a fine second. But we've been through far too much to let my dad who's by the way messing with this bougie chick who lives in Florida cloud my thoughts about you. I mean she's not even that cute and her fashion sense, oh my g-"

The rest of her words were lost against my mouth as I eagerly slammed my lips upon hers. I kissed her gently, carefully, but it wasn't gentleness I wanted. Not now, after all this time. I tightened my grasp around her waist, pulling her harder against me. Her back curved and her head tilted back — giving me better access. I groaned, softly, low in my throat.

This kiss wasn't like any other kiss. This kiss is the kind that breaks open the dark hues of the night sky. It shows me that every other kiss that I've had in my life were wrong.

S I N D Y A
point of view.

His tongue slipped into my mouth, gentle but demanding. It's nothing like I'd ever experienced. Suddenly, I understood why people described kissing as melting into one another's touch because my body felt like a wreaking current colliding together with a warm enigma, familiar to lava. It warmed my body up and made me hungry. Hungry for him.

My veins throbbed almost painfully; that's how much my body yearned for all of him. I've never wanted anyone like this before. He picked me up with an immense strength and gently lied me on the bed. His tall, brooding frame hovered above me, the look on his face sending tingles all over my body. He loomed his frame over me, allowing me to feel him — all of him — pressed against me. I inhaled his scent. Shaving cream, alcohol and an extra scent that was just him.

His slight stubble harshly rubbed against my skin, yet I couldn't focus on anything other than his sweet lips. Breaking the kiss I wish would never come to an end, I alluringly muttered;

"I'm ready."