Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Iris Williams

I started by laying out three matching outfits, ones that we recently just bought. They were all a matching black shirt and white stressed jeans. I know, stressed jeans for kids' fashion? But hey, they were cute. 

I wanted the triplets to look proper, but not too formal. They were going to meet their grandparents, not going on a meeting. 

Yes, my in-laws were visiting today. As soon as news reached their ears that I was back in Venialgo, well, they immediately decided to come. It was nanay Grace that told them and she might not have gotten the memo that we wanted a bit of time to settle in first before seeing anyone else. 

"Don't worry, Iris. I didn't tell them about the triplets. I'll let them be surprised as I was." she chirped happily as she was setting down the plate of lasagna in front of Jamie. 

So here I am, hastily preparing the clothes that the triplets will be wearing when they meet them. Liam was on his way home and as I kept looking at the time, my heart grew more anxious by the minute. 

Alfred and Wendy Parker are my in-laws and although they are famed for being rich and mean, they never acted that way to me. In other words, they were more than nice to me. They really treated me as their daughter and I was eternally glad when I found out that they were also victims of Liam's lies. 

I remember how mama would take me to her trips around the world and we'd visit places as she shopped. I'm not that into shopping and I would never go to the extent of going to another country just to buy something, but I guess that's where a small part of their wealth goes. She's a lovely woman though. 

As for Alfred, he would always tell me of how he's always wanted a daughter. He and mama would always send me gifts of any sort, as long as they thought that it'd look good on me. 

Yes, they spoiled me and as much as I appreciated their affection, I was worried that they were going to do the same to the children. I don't want them to grow up having everything. I want them to work for it. 

I sighed a long sigh after I put down the shoes that the triplets were going to be wearing. 

The triplets were currently napping and I have to take advantage of this moment to prepare myself. 

I took a shower and dressed up. I wore a white dress that has a nice flow to it. The very hems of the dress were lined in a dark brown, but matched the dress nonetheless. I wore a lipgloss and some mascara. I debated whether I should tied my hair up, but finally decided that it was best to let it down. As I was looking at myself in the mirror for the last time, the door opened and Liam entered. 

He stopped as he saw me and stared for a while. I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks and I had to take small fast breaths to make it seem like I didn't care whether he was here or not. 

"Welcome back home." I tried to say to fill the silence of the spacious room. He seemed to have noticed that I talked to him because he met my gaze and nodded. 

He silently walked over to the bed where the triplets were sleeping and I watched as he kissed all of their foreheads. Jace bolted up awake at the touch and screamed. 

In an instant, Jace was at the arms of Liam as he was trying to calm him down. I also went up to Jace and rubbed his back as I was shushing him down.

My heart broke a little. Although Jace was here with us and is perfectly safe, he had nightmares. Memories of the kidnapping and the torture done to him crept into his dreams and caused him night terrors. Good thing that Liam and I were always around to calm him down.