ch4

Published 12/14/18

626 pov

I felt so hot, it was as if I was on fire. I also felt pain in my shoulder. I slowly open my eyes before squinting them. It was not super bright where I was but I did not want to risk my only good eye. I scanned the room from where I was lying on the ground. It was all wood tied together by vines. Where was I? Then I remembered what had happened. I saved the ape and escaped from those awful people. I was free, or so I thought. "You are... Awake" a deep voice spoke.

I snapped my head to the direction of the voice seeing the ape leader standing in the doorway. I froze in my spot on the ground not moving a muscle. He slowly came towards me watching me with his green eyes. "How... Do... You... Feel" he asked me. I slowly brought my hands up and signed to him. I feel fine, I have had worse, thank you the ape's eyes widen. And he signed back to me. You know sign? He asked shocked. I nodded yes to him. Are you well enough to stand on your own? He asked.

I nodded and used my uninjured side to push my self up. Soon I was standing after a few shakey steps I was fine. The ape leader led me out of the room. I froze, I was starring at what I think is a courtyard or main area full of apes of different kinds. Young and old all living together.

The ape leader led me down to where three large apes were. Two I had already seen. It was the orangutan and the scared bobo. They were sitting next to a very large gorilla. All commotion and sounds stopped.

The apes watching me very closely. The ape leader sat down between the orangutan and bobo. I got onto my knees in front of them my eyes on the ground. "We... Have... Questions" the same voice of the ape leader spoke. I nodded my head looking up. The scared up bobo was starring at me with so much hate I was scared a bit. Why were those men after you the ape signed? I brought my shakey hands up and signed to them. I am an experiment this made all the ape's eyes widen. I escaped from them when we were on our way to a new base. The ape leader nodded. What kind of experiments signed the orangutan his kind green eyes giving me some peace. They used me to experiment on finding a cure for the Simon flu I signed. I heard a growl and my eyes went over to the scared up ape.

His eyes held fury and I think understanding. How old are you? The orangutan asked again. I am around 18 but I am not completely positive I signed back.

Your scars where did you get them. I froze a bit. Experiments From when they cut me open and put me back together. I signed back not even looking up.