The Email

Lucy's Pov

I hear voices around me. One of them sounds familiar, I think it's Mason. I try to open my eyes, but I can't. It's like I can't move, I can only hear. 

"Red? Are you there?" I ask my wolf.

"Yeah I'm here Lucy"

"I feel really overwhelmed Red. I don't know what to do or how to act around Mason. He seems really nice but I just can't trust him because I'm scared that he will hurt me like everyone else did."

"I know how you feel Lucy, but I've just got this feeling that we can trust him. He is our mate after all. And he marked you so now the mate bond is stronger, and you won't last without him."

"But the mark hurt me and he said he will never hurt me. He also said that he wouldn't do anything without my consent, but he just marked me right out of the blue. I thought that when you get marked it's supposed to be a happy thing."

"I know Lucy, but put yourself in his shoes. His wolf saw how pretty you looked and couldn't wait any longer. It means he likes you and wants to be with you forever. Just give him a chance Lucy. Let him in."

"Oh Alright. But if I start to get suspicious, then I'm running away from here. Mate bond or not. Okay?"

"Okay"

 I tried to open my eyes, and after a few failing tries, I finally did, and the first thing I saw was Mason's worried face over me.

Mason's Pov

I am furious. I can't believe it. How could my wolf do something like that? And just as she was starting to trust me. At least I can now hear her thoughts and communicate with her in case something terrible happens. I look over to see her slowly moving, trying to open her eyes. 

"Lucy?", I ask softly.

She finally opens her eyes, and she quickly casts them down again, realizing she made eye contact. I try to get into her thoughts to see what's wrong.

"Don't make eye contact, speak when spoken to, don't ask for anything, keep your head down, and look out. I really hope my wolf was right and I don't get punished for making eye contact. 

Suddenly, images are flashing into my mind of her getting beaten and whipped because she 'broke one of the rules'. My wolf was going crazy, begging to take control and kill whoever hurt my mate. 

"We will kill whoever hurt our mate!" Darius growled.

"Yes we will, but you can't take control now."

"Someone hurt our mate! How can you not be furious right now?!" He growled

"Because, dummy, if we shift then she will be scared. And I don't want that.", I say, then shut off the connection.

"Lucy? Are you feeling okay?", I ask. 

"Yes Mason. "

"I'm sorry I marked you without your consent. It's just that my wolf took control and I can assure you he's beating himself up over it.", I say guiltily, hoping she doesn't hate me because of something stupid that my wolf did. Not saying that marking your mate is stupid but it's supposed to be special. 

"It's okay Mason. You didn't mean to", she says, while giving me a small smile. 

I was shocked! She smiled! and talked! Without stuttering! I feel so proud now that she is warming up to me.

"Yay! She accepts us!", my wolf says. I swear he's doing goddamned backflips in my mind. A ferocious alpha wolf doing backflips. How very mature.

"Well, I'm sure you're very hungry after what happened. What would you like to eat?", I asked her. 

"A-Anything is fine really.", she whispered. 

I sent someone to make her some spaghetti and meatballs, because you can never go wrong with that right?

"U-Um Mason?", she asked hesitantly.

"Yes Lucy?" 

"I-I know I'm not supposed to ask for anything, a-and you've been really generous, b-but c-can I go to the bathroom, please? You can punish me later but-"

I was shocked. What did those sick bastards do to her to make her that scared of asking to go to the bathroom?

While my wolf was plotting on ways to kill them, I tried to calm myself so she wouldn't think I'm mad at her.

"Lucy. I will never punish you for going to the bathroom. Heck, I'll never punish you for anything that you do. Please don't hesitate to ask me anything. I love you and I want only the best for you."

Shock was written all over her face. She then blushed (which I found adorable uWu) and then nodded and scurried to the bathroom. 

I decided to give her some privacy and went downstairs to go to my office to see if anything came up while I was taking care of my mate. On the way down there I was met with a very..interesting sight. 

Mark, one of my packmates, was there cursing out a raw chicken. What.the.actual.fuck.

"Mark, what the hell are you doing?", I asked.

"Sarah told me to roast the chicken so that's what I'm doing", then he went back to roasting the chicken.

"You stupid ass McChicken! What kinda legs are those? You got no jams! Dumbass-"

"THE ONLY DUMBASS HERE IS YOU", Sarah yelled, running over to the chicken and putting it in the oven.

"Why was I mated with an idiot?", she sighs while sitting down on the table.

"Because you're an idiot as well. We go well together see?", Mark smirks.

Sarah glared at him. "That's it. No sex for a week", she said while walking out of the kitchen. 

"Babe wait, I'm sorry. Come back, I meant that you're smart and I'm dumb, like opposites attract you know, I didn't mean-", Mark says, quickly running over to save himself a cold shower later.

I smiled. I don't know where I'd be without those two idiots. 

I'm back!! Did you miss me? lol pretty sure none of y'all did

I've been having major writer's block recently, and it was today that I finally had some inspiration to update this chapter. Look for more updates hopefully sometime soon!