Chapter 1. Yoshimune

The winds are moaning in the dead of the night, mourning for the life that had just been lost. A child of a man, raped and tortured to death by the ones who should've protected him. His fragile body, now covered in blood, laid in the forest uncovered as the frosty snow and ice became his final resting place.

...except that he wasn't resting. His soul was now filled with anger and hatred towards his kin. Feeling disgusted by the humans, he vowed to pay everything back to those men and women.

Slowly, but surely, his spirit left its residence and staggered towards the village of his murderers. Half way through, he realised that he didn't need to do that anymore and started to walk properly.

Soon enough he came across the village and walked through it. The priest, being only one who saw him, attempted to help him rest in peace. But it was in vain. He wouldn't rest before justice had been served.

Somehow the elder managed to get him to stay in the temple, there he'd meditate, trying to think of the best way to pay back to his so called relatives. Relatives who had gotten rid of him just because they deemed him to be "too weak" to be in their presence.

"Yoshimune-dono", the old priest said, saddened be the fate of the younger, "Your family truly loved you, I am sure-". A hollow laughter filled the room as the yuurei laughed. It was bitter laugh, one of those that told you that the person held a grudge. "Please, ossan, don't make me laugh. The reason why my body lies outside in the cold and not with my ancestors is clear as a day. My "family" took my life, finally, after torturing and tormenting me through my life",the priest stared at the young man in utter horror, he'd never thought that the family that had been protecting the village for so long could do such thing. "Old man... I will ruin them"

Oh how powerful enemy they had now. Young Yoshimune had been born into a weak body for a reason, it had been the only one suitable to contain his powerful spirit and he would've made an excellent priest. But now he was dead, and plotted for his revenge.

Yoshimune, who had finally come to the point where he knew what he'd make of his family, was now hunting. Hunting for his relatives. The thiefs and murderers. As he approached the house of his family, he heard thumbing sound, which made his heart feel heavy for he remembered those sounds. The male arrived to the scene where he was soon enraged to see his younger sister being held dowm by his father, clearly in middle of a beating.

Without thinking, the ghost lashed at the man, taking his body as a hostage. His voice echoed through the mouth that belonged to the child murderer. "Makoto. Run from this place and meet the priest there. Tell him this, once the fire burns down, build a shrine for Yoshimune, it won't send him to peace, but the pain of the children of the village will end there", with those words, he snapped the neck of the man, his father, scaring his sister away in the process.

Where the fire started from, noone knew, but they heard the priest as he told them to build a shrine on top of it. Only the youngest daughter of the family had survived, and she became the priestess of the shrine. And with the instructions of her deceased brother, she made a stone bench for the spirit to sit on. The villagers recognised the figure that was sitting next on the stone bench as the missing Yoshimune and went up to him. But as they saw his judging stare, they grew afraid. Their fear only increased upon hearing that he'd been dead for years unlike the rest of the family had claimed. The people fled from him into their homes, only children being brave, or stupid, enough to approach him. To them, he was a kind and empathetic creature, but for the rest... He was a demon.

They left him alone, hoping for this to make him leave, but the times were wild and hard to anticipate.

Blood.
It was everywhere.
Blood of animals, blood of men, blood of women, blood of children.
Just blood.
A man ran up to the hill, to the shrine of Yoshimune and threw himself in front of the yurei.