Chapter 14 Mother's Lament

Sawada Nana was not happy with her current life, not at one bit, despite of everything being perfect. She'd gotten married to the man of her dreams named Sawada Iemitsu, they had their own house in a charming town of Namimori, she was well liked by the neighbours and her husband was very loving and hardworking man. To the eye of the others, Nana was living the kind of life everyone yearned for, yet she was unhappy.

She and Iemitsu weren't expecting their first child yet. The sound of the tiny feet running in the halls wouldn't fill the air. Not yet. And she was so impatient. In the living room with pearl white walls and comfortable sofas, the sorrow of the young woman resonated in the air, reaching out to someone who felt a sting in their heart, wondering what it meant.

As the lady was weeping in her solitude, as her husband was out, a gentle knock was heard. Drying her eyes, Mrs Sawada opened the door. Her teary brown eyes met with the kind blue eyes of a woman about her age. Dressed in a yukata, the woman, obviously pregnant, introduced herself as Yamamoto Tohru, wife of the locally known sushi chef.

"May I come in?" she asked politely, noting where the slightly younger female's eyes were concentrated to. Feeling numb and lost, Nana nodded, allowing the lady inside. She made tea to serve to the expecting woman, who smiled at her actions kindly.

From her smile and passivenes, one would think that Tohru was that of an airhead, but she was actually very perspective person up to the point where she was well aware of what was going on around her and who the people around her truly were. You see, if you were kind and non threatening, people tend to loose their natural suspicion of you faster, their tongues unwinding themselves, singing the whole lifestory of the person. She already knew that her own husband was a member of the Yakuza and was one of the few who had been able to master the famed Shigure Shouen Ryu, developing it to eighth form himself. The gentle chef also knew that the new face in the town belonged to the man who was to take the title of the External Advisor of Vongola.

One could call Yamamoto Tohru, formerly known as Asari Tohru, the Intel of Namimori, for she knew everything there was to know of those who resided, and visited, the charming town.

Gracefully, Tohru laid down her cup, her blue eyes meeting with Nana's who was incapable of looking away. It was so intense and sharp, knowing.
"You were grieving for not carrying new life within yourself yet", she said bluntly to the younger, who gasped at how her secret feelings was out so quickly. Tohru smiled at her, and Nana instantly felt calmer, at peace, and as if she was without any care, her mind telling her that Tohru was her friend. Tohru understood her. The pregnant woman took Nana's hands into her own, still looking into the brown orbs that were about to cry more. Her voice lowered as she brought up an advice to the woman's attention. Advice, that wasn't often heard nor used.

"Go up to the hill, there resides the Namimori shrine, Yoshimune's shrine, make an offering to him and step inside, tell him what you yearn for and he will grant you just that", she said to the young wife before she excused herself and left, claiming that her husband was expecting her to be back soon.

As the blue-eyed woman walked away, she absently thought of what she knew was to come. Her hand hovered over the baby bumb as she felt the flames of her unborn child. "Your sky is still in the making, be patient with him", she mumbled to herself, still unsure of what to call her child. Oh well... Time shall unveil that to her, it always did.

Nana walked towards the shrine in a hurry, her mind thinking about the possibilities and her wishes. The young woman's feet practically flew through the town, past the streets and roads, up to the shrine. There, she met the current priest, Hibari Mitsukuni, father of one Hibari Kyoya. Mitsukuni looked at the woman, his usually stoic face now reflecting what could be redd as surprise.
......if you knew how to read the face of a Hibari that is.

Without blinking, the man allowed her to walk inside upon presenting a single coin to the god as a sacrifice.

As Mrs Sawada stepped inside, she instantly felt as if she'd stepped into another realm. The longer she stayed, the more she could sense something inside the room with her. She tried to see, but only found three animals inside; a fox, a dog and a cat. Like so many before her, she stared at the three unexpected animals in confusion.

"What is it that you seek my child?" she heard a voice asking, a gentle voice of which gender she couldn't fathom. But something in that voice made her feel scared, as if she was with something much greater than her, something holy, while it also made her feel safe and loved. Her lower lip quivered a little, which didn't go unnoticed by whatever she was with.

"I..I.. I wish to have a child with my husband but..", her voice threatened to break down from bringing up the topic, it was such a shameful thing to talk of. The person behind the veil listened to her sniffles as she broke down. Then, it brought its hand up.
"Worry not, child of a man, I, Yoshimune, Namimori no Kami, shall make sure that your wish will become true. One way, or another".
Overjoyed by this, Nana left the shrine and went home, cooking a fine dinner to her husband, who told her that he'd have to go to Italy tomorrow.

That night, a seed of true sky was planted within Nana, and she became pregnant with a child. Her husband left the next day, as he'd said, leaving the young woman alone for few months.

Few weeks later, his wife called, overjoyed, telling him that she was pregnant with his child. Confused yet happy, Iemitsu sat down, tears filling up his eyes. He had thought that he'd never be capable of having a child of his own, for he was nearly sterile, but he was wrong. He wowed that day that he'd work thrice as hard to ensure that his offspring could have a good life, accidentally neglecting his wife and unborn child in the process.

In the Isekai, one red-haired daiyokai was lazing on a divan, when his mentor and a father figure Ookami Daio came to him. The wolf King looked at his resting form, before turning his attention to the window of the other reality, which showed the young woman, happily cleaning the house and chatting with other women of the town.
"Do you think it was a wise decision Yoshi? I've foreseen the fate of this pup and... He will suffer a lot during his life before he will become a man he needs to be", he said softly to his protégé, whose permanently glowing amber orbs were filled with grief.

"Yes Daio.. I know. And I must allow it to happen.. For the sake of all the other children whose fates have been tied to his".

Yoshimune closed his eyes as he felt how his lover Ryoma curled against his chest in his cat form, slightly upset over Yoshimune's decision regarding the Sawada family line, and by extent Vongola.

Daio looked up to the window once again, now seeing how the woman held a newborn baby on her arms, crying tears of joy, while her husband was bawling his eyes out.

"Return of the Ancestry huh..."