chapter 21

Finally, it's Friday!

I get to see Royal again, I really really like seeing her, she always makes me laugh and I'm still dyeing to ask her the questions she wrote down.

The bus ride felt like hours cause I really want to get to school already.

I never thought I say that.

Just as the bus stops, I almost run out and walk to my English class, getting Ethan attention as he walked in with some guys that had all black clothes like me and had their hair different Neon color.

"You know, I'm starting to think how it's gonna be when this hospital thing is over." He said as he walked up to me. "It's becoming so normal to go, it's gonna be weird to stop."

I haven't thought of that, of finishing this report and not seeing her. Would i miss her? I mean right now, I can't wait to see her, but would I miss her after. Even, so I didn't even want to think of that right now. I just wanted to see her already.

Everyone was waiting for Mr Steve outside the class, I see Rebecca talking with her friends, but she seemed lost, she was looking at her nails while everyone else talked at the same time. Her hair was in a braid. She looked nice. I still don't know why she was crying that day at the swings, I decided to just leave it, maybe she was having a mental breakdown from stress or something. I didn't wanna ask cause maybe she'd be embarrassed by it.

Finally, Mr Steve gets here, and we all get on the bus, Ethan sits next to me and talks all the way, and I don't mind actually.

Walking in I see a gardener change some flowers in the front. He was taking out the purple flowers in front. How dare he, he couldn't take away the flowers that where Royal favorite color. I glared at him, but he was to busy to look at me.

I didn't even notice I was just standing right next to him until Mr Steve told me to hurry up because everyone was already inside.

I quickly pluck a flower and hide it in my hand walking in, trying not to fold it or cut it in half as I walk in Royal room.

"Nick!" She screams out when she sees me. "Your back."

I smile as I walk over to her and hand her the flower, and see her eyes light up.

She put her hands out and took it, looking at it. "Thank you."

"Welcome." I say feeling my face getting a little pink, but I try to stop it by sitting down and taking out my notebook. "And your mom?"

"She had to work overtime today." She said. "But don't worry, I'll get us are cake." She winked at me and pushed a button on her bed.

"What did you do?" I ask.

"Call for help." She smiles.

I recognize that button from TV, it's supposed to be when your ready sick and you need help "You're gonna get in trouble." I warn.

"Don't worry, people love me here." Just after she finished a nurse walked in and looked between us before she talked.

"Royal" she said, I recognize her from last time but I didn't remember her name. "What's going on?"

"Nothing." Royal said with a smile, her innocence in this situation almost made me barf out a chuckle. "But can we get some food?"

"They didn't give you food today?" She asked confused.

"No they did, but we want cake."

The nurse put her arm on her hips and looked at her. "Cake? That's the emergency?" He said with a half smile.