Scars

Aprils POV

I'm startled awake by a loud scream and I instantly sit up. It takes a minute for me to adjust to my surroundings......I hear the scream again.

I'm sure I wasn't the one screaming and that could only mean.... Oh my Goddess, Jason!

I jump out of my bed and run to his room.

Is he okay?

"Ahhhhhh!" Another scream breaks out from his room and I quicken my pace.

I open the door to find Jason screaming and weeping.

"Jason." I call trying to break him out of his nightmare.

"No, Please no! Don't leave me." He cries harder and starts rolling on the bed.

I sit on the bed and I touch his cheek softly, he instantly freezes at my touch, he then opens his eyes and they instantly meet mine. His eyes look so dark reflecting so much pain in them that it shakes me to the core.

"Jason, you're okay now. It was just a nightmare." I tell him while slipping my fingers through his hair, trying to soothe him.

"I-it-it was so-so real." He says and breaks out into sobs again.

"Ssshhhh don't cry.. Everything's going to be okay."

"Please don't leave me alone April." He says sounding broken.

"Never." I answer in a heartbeat.

"That's what they all say and then at the end of the day, they always leave."

"I'm not them, I'm me. I promise I'll never leave you alone, no matter what happens ." I say while he gestures for me to join him in bed.

I get into bed and he instantly engulfs me in his embrace... Oh my Goddess, he's shirtless! How had I not seen that before?

"Honestly April even I had not noticed it too, we were too worried about our mate." Snow says sadly. "Although, damn ! Our mate is one hot sexy male!"

"And he's all ours." I say to her dreamily.

The room is filled with his scent and I can't help but sniff him. I put my nose on the crook of his neck and then inhale his scent...

"Only you April can start sniffing me at a time like this." He says with a small laugh although I can still see the pain in his eyes.

I touch his cheek and wipe his tears and sweat with the palm of my hand.

"What was the nightmare about?" I can't help but ask.

"My past." He says with a sigh.

"What about it?" I ask.

He pulls me closer to him and I bask at the warmth radiating from his body, I place my head on his chest.

"We all have scars April. It may be physical or emotional but they are scars none the less and just because we don't show it, it doesn't mean they are not there."

"I understand. I mean it was so hard for me to open up so I know the struggle." I say.

I don't know what Jason has been through but I know that one day when he's ready, he'll tell me. He's broken and yet he never shows it, It seems as though we are not so different after all...

"Thank you for understanding." He says and kisses the top of my head. "You truly are my saving grace."

"Goodnight Angel." He says sounding tired.

"Goodnight." I say.

For the first time I find myself falling asleep to the sound of his heartbeat and I really pray to the Moon Goddess that it won't be the last.

______________________________________________

Hey guys!

I hope you liked it ❤

Thanks so much for 51k+ reads!!! You guys are awesome!!! ❤❤❤❤❤

Don't forget to vote, comment and share, it  really means a lot when you do❤

Next update on Saturday 💜

Love,

Alegna❤