Chapter 41

Chapter 41- Edward's POV

I looked at Malcolm, then at the text, then once again at Malcolm. It couldn't have been him who sent the text if he were standing right in front of me... unless he had a little helper. I shrugged, not wanting to let him know about the message I had just received. This was now an ultimatum.

 "So you're saying that I have to meet your mum? With Ella?" I asked.

Malcolm nodded. "Yep."

I sighed and pulled the door open further. "Come inside. You can tell Ella yourself... I'm not really fit telling her," I said. I moved to the side to let him pass. He started making his way in, then stopped suddenly, narrowing his eyes.

"Where's my sister?" he asked.

I found myself smirking. "In my studio," I answered.

Malcolm's eyes almost popped out of their sockets and I could see colour draining from his face. Of course, he probably thought she was posing for me. Like I have time for that right now. I couldn't even sleep last night with her by my side, I was too worried for her safety. Thank you, stalker, for ruining my life.

"What's she doing there?" Malcolm blurted out, diverting my attention back to him. I rolled my eyes. What an idiot.

"As an art student, I presume she's doing homework. I don't hold back from giving them work to do," I said slowly, as if I were talking to a child. He was definitely acting like one. What happened to, hey mate, take care of my sis? that he said yesterday? Of course, that doesn't count anymore.

"Oh," Malcolm muttered. He followed me into the studio, where Ella was standing in front of a table, pulling at a small wooden mannequin to change the position of his feet. She looked up when she saw me, and upon seeing her brother, her eyes widened. Malcolm didn't let her say anything, and started explaining immediately. Whilst listening to his voice in the background, I took another look at the text I had received just a couple of minutes before.

"Nice chatting with you Edward! But now I have a request from you. Either you print out that document and show it to the principal, tell him your nice little story... OR I WILL. Cheers ;)"

Nope, it still said the same thing. And this changed everything. I couldn't really ignore this warning. I had to speak to Ella about it, though. She had as much of a part of this like I did, and I honestly cared more about what would happen to her than what would happen to me if the truth came out.

"Edward?" I heard Ella's voice say. I immediately looked up, trying not to look too worried. 

"Mhm?" I muttered.

"What do you think about this?" she asked. My eyes shifted from her to her brother. He was drumming his finger on the table impatiently, and I was almost pretty sure that he was thinking about what a waste of time this was, when he really should be doing the programme to get rid of his problem. I kind of felt sorry for him.

"There's no way out, I guess," I muttered. "We'll talk to your mum. I'll explain. Apologise for lying. Show her that my intentions are good. That sort of thing," I rambled. Both siblings looked at me in confusion, and I shrugged. I had to get this over with as soon as possible. And after that, I had to decide what to do about the text I had received.

I turned the lights off and started sauntering out of the room. Ella and Malcolm followed me, not saying anything. I looked down at what I was wearing. Worn out jeans and a crumpled t-shirt. Okay, maybe I had to change. I glanced at Ella, who was wearing black jeans and a light blue sweater. She was definitely looking better than I was. I mumbled about having to change clothes and turned towards my room, hoping that I wasn't leaving Ella in an awkward moment with her older brother.