IV. Trip To Threat

"So, whare we going?" I ask Nik, who drives his Toyota... What an embarrassment to be in it..

"We have couple destinations, actually." I rise my eyebrows. "And a lot of people to be threatened." He smirks. "We start in Denver.

"The city of boredom? What the hell would we do there?" I ask.

"Meeting a boring person." Says Kol from behind annoyed. "Your favorite's doppelganger's little brother, Jeremy Gilbert."

"Okay, I take my words back!" I smile and we pass the Welcome to Denver sign. We park near some school. "I am too old for that.."

"Yeah.. but since you are younger than us, you go in there, little sister." Nik says.

"So I am punished because I'm looking young and beautiful?"

"He literally didn't say that, Sel." Kol responds with a smirk. The bell rings. "You'll be late for you first class!" He gives me a backpack "Do not let that happen again!" I roll my eyes and comes in.

I look how people are coming in and out from all directions. I get some whistles and whispers. I am so not for this thing. I was in school only two times in my lifetime and was completely enough for my immortal life.

"Hello, new girl." A blonde boy with a baseball jacket greets me. "You look nice. We should meet after classes to see if you're like that without these things on you." He grabs my ass unexpectedly and I look at him deadly. He's so done.. But before I could do anything someone punches him in the face and he fells down. It is some cute, brunette boy.

"Learn some manners before that!" He tells the jerk and comes to me "You alright?" I nod at him. "Good. Let's get you out of here before he comes to his mind."

"Better get you out of here before that." I take his hand we go outside. We move to some park near school. I'm glad that I will skip classes after all... "Thank you for what you did."

"It's okay. I like to rescue pretty ladies as you from jerks like West." I smile and we sit on some bench.

"Let's be clear, there's no pretty ladies as me." We laugh and I look in his eyes. "Selena." I give my hand to shake it and he just stare at it. That's weird. "This is the moment where you take it and introduce yourself."

"Yeah, sorry. Jeremy Gilbert." He shakes my hand smiling and I open my eyes even more. No, why he should be him... "Wow." He touches my ring with which Erik proposed me. "I must maybe say congratulations."

"My late boyfriend gave it to me, fiance, actually..." I look down, remembering everything.

"I'm sorry. But if this will make you feel better, I lost my girlfriend, too." I look at him.

"Why should I feel better that someone feels the same pain as me?" He takes my hand, wanting me to know he understands me. "You think about her?"

"Every second. And I don't think I can stop." I put my head on his shoulder.

"I will tell you this, one day you'll meet someone and fall madly in love. And you'll have moved on without even realizing it." We smile.

"Have you?"

"No. But I am great at advises!" We laugh and I stand up. "Come." I say giving him my hand.

"Where?"

"To moving on." He takes my hand and we go to somewhere more privately.

"What are we doing here, Selena?" He looks around confused and blushed.

"Not what you think." I light a joint and I take a long puff from it. "At least for now..." I whisper and blow at his face and he smiles.