Chapter 7

Aurora Collins

   Friday (1 day till the charity event)

"Cmon Aurora! I wanna go shopping." Charlotte whines and collapses on my couch.

"I really don't want to go. Last time I've been to one of these was for my high school. And I punched someone." I cringe. Speaking of high school, I wonder what happened to Brenda. Where's she now?

"And besides, we need dresses."

"I'll pull off the sweatpants look, it's trendy." I mumble into my pillow and close my eyes again.

"Too bad we don't have dates. Some of the guys here are flaming." She says dreamily and sits in front of my vanity, combing her hair.

"Erm, about that.." I trails off and sit up. She stops her hands mid air and looks at me with eyebrows raised.

"Something you want to tell me?" She says bossily. She knows. How'd she know Aaron asked me?!

"How do you know?!" I exclaim and groan loudly.

"Daniel told me yesterday when we went to lunch." She laughs and her eyes go wide when she realizes what she just said.

"You went on a date with Daniel?!" I shout incredulously. She wears a guilty look and it all makes sense.

That's why she declined my offer to go to lunch that day! Because she was going with Daniel. Wait, how'd she know that Aaron was going to take me to get McDonald's?

Unless..Aaron just took me to distract me so Daniel can take Charlotte.

For some reason I feel betrayed and kinda hurt knowing Aaron didn't take me because he wanted to, but because his Daniel asked him to.

"Wait you asked Aaron to distract me so you can goof off with Daniel?" I ask angrily and clench my fist. I'm going to murder Daniel. I swear he's pushing all my buttons.

Charlotte shakes her head frantically with a shocked look. "No! I had no idea about that, when Daniel asked me out I said no but he insisted and said that he'd take care of you. I didn't know what he meant by that!" She says in one breath.

"Ugh! I'm going to choke that boy with a banana peel!" I growled. "And Aaron too! What a douche, he played me!"

"I know, I'm sorry. I should've told you." She apologizes sincerely.

"It's fine Char, you can see whoever you want. I'm just pissed." I sigh and rack my brain for a revenge plan.

"Are you still going to be his date?" Charlotte asks nervously.

I smirk sinisterly. "Oh yes you see, I have a plan. I'm going to find the most gorgeous dress and give every hot man my attention except him. He won't know what hit him." I wink at Charlotte.

She wears the same look and we high five.

"Let's go get those dresses!" I hop off and pull on a coat, Charlotte doing the same. "We can take one of my dads car." I tell her and we jog downstairs.

"I call shotgun!"

"Your the only one going with me." I state ridiculously with a 'are you serious' look.

At the Mall

"Let's go in here, it looks like it has some good stuff." Charlotte suggests and points to a boutique.

"Can't hurt." We've been to two so far and no luck.

When we step in Charlotte gasps and runs towards one of the dress racks and pulls out a pale pink dress. My eyes go wide and I nod in approval.

"That's your color. Definitely." I gush and she beams at it.

She carries that on her arm and we search for a dress for me

She carries that on her arm and we search for a dress for me. I'm looking through a rack when Char calls my name. "I found it!"

"Oh boy." I mumble and search for her. She's holding up a grayish-white dress with a V neck and a dangerous slit around the thigh. It's similar to Chars but a little bit more classy.

I smirk knowing this is it. I found my dress.

  "Is your dress in your size? Mine is

"Is your dress in your size? Mine is." I ask Charlotte and check the price tag. It's costs 17,000 pounds. Eh it's worth it.

"Yup it is! Let's pay!" Charlotte says excitedly.

The store is pretty much empty so we don't have to wait in line. The lady greets us with a friendly smile.

"Hello, return or purchase?" She says in a kind voice.

"Purchase." I reply and we set down the two gowns.

"Okay, the total is 23,000 pounds. For that amount we'll need a card." She says and scans the tags." That's means 17,000 for my dress and 6,000 for Charlottes.

Charlottes face pales and she begins to stammer. "I'll just pick another one. 6,000 is out of my range."

"Don't be silly. I'll pay." I say seriously. She really likes this dress. She protests but I shake my head defiantly.

"You can pay me back by massaging my head when we get home." I joke.

"Thank you Aurora." She says with a happy smile. "Now lets do shoes."

Oh I'm so ready for the ball.