Vol 4 Chap 125

XH 125

By the time Madam Ping stepped into the room where Duan XiYing has escorted them into, Xiao Hua had made up her mind to pretend she did not know what Ping Shui and her husband were doing earlier.

Xiao Hua stood up and curtsied. "Greetings to Madam Ping."

"Greetings to Sister Xiao Hua," Ping Shui returned the greeting politely. "Greetings to the Eighth Prince."

"Greetings, Madam Ping Shui." The Eighth Prince smiled but did not stand up to greet her as an attempt to show that his position was higher than hers.

If Ping Shui was surprised at how normal the Eighth Prince was, it was not revealed on her face. On the other hand, Xiao Hua cursed herself for not questioning the Eighth Prince more when he voiced his desire to follow her in visiting Ping Shui for the sake of questioning her arts of...seduction.

A person with the mental age of a child would have some difficulty in holding a normal conversation, much less asking about adult content! Her logical mind was curbed by her guilt of hurting the Eighth Prince!

Unless...the Eighth Prince does not mind Ping Shui knowing about him being normal because she was on their side? Xiao Hua sneaked a glance at Duan XiYing, who immediately caught her eyes and gave her a brief nod.

It was pretty scary how Duan XiYing and herself could exchange messages with just a look after knowing each other for less than four months. She also knows that if Duan XiYing did not stop them from doing anything, that also means the Third Prince would more or less allow it, or in a better case scenario, not be overly angry about it.

"I apologize for interrupting your rest." It took Xiao Hua a great effort to maintain normality on her expression when she said that. "Sister Tian Chi is currently busy so I offered to deliver your medicine on her behalf."

"Thank you for your kindness." Ping Shui smiled as she took a seat, which allowed Xiao Hua to return back to her seat. "I was told to remain on the bed until I'm well, but it's rather tiring with nothing to do. Please, come and talk to me whenever you are free."

Nothing to do? I bet your husband would disagree with you.

"I will be happy to visit whenever I can," Xiao Hua promised with a wide smile that was almost painful. "How are your injuries? Sister Tian Chi had not said much about your injuries but she confirmed that she had healed them all."

Oh, that was not true, as Xiao Hua had managed to squeeze information out from Tian Zi that Ping Shui was tortured for information personally by the heroine, Liu Chu Chu. The list of injuries on Ping Shui shocked Xiao Hua and she was disturbed at how cruel the heroine was.

From the novel, Le XiaoTing knew how far the heroine would go just to protect herself and her new family, even if she would need to stain her hands with blood and condemn her soul to hell.

To Liu Chu Chu, she never regretted killing others to protect her loved ones.

Le XiaoTing truly admired her strong determination, even if she could not stomach most of her unnecessary cruelty.

Just like this incident where the unfortunate general was made to look as if he had purposely failed the task. It was cruel for Liu Chu Chu to kidnap Ping Shui to interrogate her just because of her husband's failure in his task. Xiao Hua honestly thought that in this case, Liu Chu Chu should have interrogated and whipped General Tang instead! His mistakes should be carried by himself, not his innocent wife!

Ping Shui nodded, her eyes filled with warmth as she caresses her stomach protectively. "Tian Chi had indeed healed most of my injuries and now I only need to rest."