Vol 5 Chap 163 - Return me my touched feelings!

XH 163 - Return me my touched feelings!

The next morning after the welcome banquet for Doctor Bai, the Emperor held the morning court and informed everyone that the Second Prince will be married in a month's time; the date chosen was a good day for marriage.

The Emperor had sent his head eunuch to inform the Empress, who was currently receiving morning greetings from the other concubines. Everyone had assumed that Concubine He would be absent again after a night with vigorous exercise with the Emperor, but surprisingly she turned up without looking tired.

Concubine He humbly accepted the good wishes from other concubines even if they were spoken in a half-hearted manner.

The Empress gave Concubine He a warm look that was the polar opposite of how she felt when she offered her congratulations. "The royal family will increase a member soon. Concubine He must get along well with the Second Prince's Princess Consort and teach her the palace rules on my behalf."

"This concubine will listen to the Empress," Concubine He agreed submissively. Since she had won this round, she will not make trouble for the Empress for today. But her belly certainly was an eyesore to her.

"One month is enough time for a normal wedding to be organized, but this is our Second Prince's wedding and need to be carefully prepared. Concubine He, this matter will be handled by you. If you face any difficulties, your sisters will help out. Just say the word."

"Thank you, Your Highness. This sister will thank everyone first and will trouble you in the future."

The concubines were all smiles, but naturally, there were some concubines that do not wish for their husband's other woman to be happy and decided to throw in some wood to increase the fire.

"This concubine would have thought it's the Crown Prince and Third Prince that would get married first, with plenty of good ladies charmed by them. Your Highness, this concubine recently heard of some disturbing news that the Third Prince has the same interest as the Fourth Prince when it comes to females."

"Oh, Concubine Rong! That is just rumors. Why would you be so silly as to believe them? You would anger the Empress for slandering the Third Prince."

Concubine Rong sneered inwardly at how Concubine Su sounded nice, but her heart was black. She swiftly put on a concerned expression. "This concubine does not know they are rumors! Your Highness, please forgive this concubine's ignorance."

Another concubine decided to speak up. "Ignorance only works if you are truly so. Who here does not know what you wish to do, Concubine Rong?"

"This concubine does not know what you meant, Concubine Xia." Concubine Rong wanted to slap these two-faced concubines. They shared the same thoughts as her, yet they mercilessly painted her as the only one with that thinking and try to push her down the cliff!

"If the Emperor sees fellow sisters arguing, he would be sad." The Empress finally cut in, no longer feeling patient to watch their play. Her mind was occupied with the appointment with Doctor Bai later. "Concubine Rong, this Empress will clarify the rumors today in hopes that there will be no more worries."

Before Concubine Rong could speak up, Concubine Xia had already taken the initiative to further whitewashing her own image. "This sister apologizes for the trouble, Your Highness. In fact, this younger sister is clear that the Third Prince is innocent and would never be interested in a maid." Concubine Xia's appearance would easily get other's pity if she was not displaying it in the harem that was filled with two-faced ladies.

"Even if you have that thought, this elder sister believes that not everyone shares the same thought. The rumor about the Third Prince liking a servant is actually the truth."