Vol 5 Chap 152

XH 152

'Beep! Player 999, the information you asked for is complete. For further inquiries, press the 'HELP' button. To file an issue, press the 'SUPPORT' button. The Central wish you a nice day.'

"Ah. Just in time," Doctor Bai waved his sleeves and revealed a slender, jade white hand that a pianist would dream of. He poked his finger around in mid-air like a mad person in the eyes of an ordinary person.

Only the duo transmigrator could guess that he must be poking on an invisible screen if the novels they had read could be trusted.

Pressing on the 'receive file' button, in just a blink of an eye, the information was transferred into Doctor Bai's mind, free of pain. "Transmigrated souls? Ah, that would make sense," Doctor Bai murmured thoughtfully.

Xiao Hua's heartbeat quicken as the Eighth Prince demanded urgently, "Hey, you can send us back to our world?" To Heise, being able to return to his original world was more important than finding out about Doctor Bai.

"I can't. But I can inquire about the reason for your transmigration for you." Doctor Bai quickly typed in mid-air as if sending a message.

"Host, that sort of inquiry would take weeks or months to be answered," the Rubik cube informed.

"That's what points are for."

The Rubik cube let out an eye glaring red light. "No, host! You earned those points from your hard work!"

"This... you don't have to use your points. We can wait," Xiao Hua said, albeit it was rather difficult for her to open her mouth to say so. She had itched to know why she was transmigrated since the first day! However, time could not replace his hard-earned points. She genuinely pitied those people that had been picked by systems to be their unwilling workers!

"A hundred points is just a small amount to have them reply to me quickly." Doctor Bai gave Xiao Hua a small, understanding smile. "It would be better to have the answer sooner than later."

Feeling guilty, Xiao Hua pulled out all her knives from her bracelet, creating a small mountain beside her. She tossed the system on top of the pile none too gently. Since Doctor Bai had kindly used his hard earn points to help them, it would be cruel of her to not help out in kind.

"Hey! Treat me with care, vile-"

"Call me bad names again and I will dump you at the cow dung," Xiao Hua threatened seriously.

The Rubik cube wisely shut up and silently consumes the materials needed to heal itself. Doctor Bai pressed a few buttons and open his palm to receive his purchased goods. Too quick for them to do anything, he already flicked paper talisman onto Da Bei and Eunuch Heng's forehead before they noticed.

A second after Doctor Bai spoke, "Activate", their eyes immediately turned blank. If Xiao Hua did not know better, she would think they were Chinese vampires.

"Da Bei!"

"You jerk-"

"I just erased their memories of the system and me. They will be released when our conversation ended. This world has its own rules and letting them know about us have unbalanced the scale even more."

"But... they know about us being transmigrated!" the Eighth Prince argued.

"That's why I did not erase their memory of it. Somehow this world does not view them knowing about it as dangerous. This world does not treat both of you like a bug that needed to be eliminated either."

"Are you saying... I and Heise are supposed to be transmigrated here?" Xiao Hua asked slowly in disbelief.

"Perhaps the answer from the system central will explain that too." Doctor Bai waved both of them to have a seat with him. "Now that we know the truth of each other, then it's time for me to tell you why I am assigned to this world."