XIII » home

chapter thirteenhome

WARNING: v important authors note bc possible spinoff?

☠ ☠ ☠

"I'm in love with you."

Calum grinned as he heard the words come out of my mouth. "I know Ella, it's obvious." He said laughing and joining our lips yet again.

"Fucking hell." Luke groaned loudly. Calum and I seperated as we heard Luke. "Can you guys not have sex on the hospital floor?"

Calum and I burst out into laughter and soon Luke joined aswell. "We would've used the bed but some six foot four asshole was sleeping on it." Calum retorted and we all continued laughing.

A few jokes later a nurse walked in to the room, "Okay Ella, the doctor says you're good to go. You can leave now, with a parent or gaurdian." The nurse said and I shot her a confused look.

"A parent? I live alone my parents live on the other side of the earth, I don't think they're coming."

"Then you need a gaurdian. We can't dismiss you alone, policy. You need someone eighteen or older to watch over you for atleast a week, you have to stay with them. To make sure you don't try anything." The nurse said holding a clipboard in her hand.

I groaned throwing my head back. "You can stay with me, Ella." Luke said shrugging.

Calum shot him a death glare at Luke, making me groan louder. "Luke you're seventeen. You can stay with me, Ella."

The nurse asked for his ID and then said he could take me. After signing a few papers, I started picking up all my belongings.

As soon as we got outside I sighed in relief. Exhaling the hospital air and inhaling fresh new air. I was conciously in that hospital for less than a day and I had already learned to hate it. As I do with most things.

Waiting in the parking lot was Ashton with his car to pick us up. As soon as he saw me he ran to me and gave me a huge hug, taking me a bit by surprise. I never knew him and I were so close. "How could you leave us?" He whispered still embracing me.

I hugged him tightly again, "I'm sorry, Ash. I really didn't think you'd care." I confessed.

He held me tighter, and I did the same. "We all cared, Ella. Don't you ever do that again, promise?" He said seperating his body from mine only slightly, holding his pinky out.

My pinky rised to intertwin with his but before they met I took it back. "I can't promise you something I don't know if I'll be able to keep."

Even though I said it in a whisper Calum seemed to hear it and he quickly came between us. "What do you mean? You're not going to, never again." Calum demanded bringing my head up with his index finger so I was making eye contact with him.

I sighed breaking eye contact with him looking at the floor. He mumbled something along the lines of 'look at me' and my eyes travelled back to his. "I don't know Calum..."

"Stop saying you don't know."

"It's just... I'm not strong, no lying, we all know I'm not strong. I can't endure pain, I can't handle it, I admit it. At first chance for a way out, I take it. Because I'm a coward, I know it. One day... I'm fear I might get bad again. So many people have promised things, and then broken them. I don't want to be one of those people." I said and Calum frowned.

Calum shot Ashton a look, Ashton nodded and backed away leaving Calum and I alone. He reached down to grab my hand rubbing soft circles into them, "You won't have to break that promise because I'll be there. If you ever want to kill yourself, I'm going to be there. And I won't let you. I don't care if I have to sit by you for hours to talk you out of it, I will. I promise. I mean it. Now you can you promise me you won't try to commit again?"