4

OUTCASTS
— 04. Girl in New Orleans

     At Rousseau's, Cadence was serving drinks to a customer at the bar when she turned to see Klaus sitting in front of her

     At Rousseau's, Cadence was serving drinks to a customer at the bar when she turned to see Klaus sitting in front of her. Cadence let out a frustrated groan, rolling her eye at the sight of the immortal hybrid, "What do you want?" She asked the male hybrid in annoyance.

"I was looking for your cousin, Cami," Klaus informed her, grinning at her reaction to see him, "Do you happen to know where I might find her?"

"She's watching the twins while I work," Cadence responded in a calm tone, picking up a damp rag before she began wiping down the bar counter.

Klaus had a somewhat puzzled look on his face as he raised a brow at Cadence, "I could've sworn you said she was never allowed her to." He pointed out and Cadence turned to him once more, looking to be annoyed be in his presence.

"Well, I had to work and the babysitter wasn't available. I made the twins promise not to do magic in front of her," Cadence explained to him with a bit of an attitude, "Now, excuse me while I get back to work."

Cadence sarcastically smiled at Klaus. She turned away from him, about to walk off to serve some other customers when Klaus spoke up, "Really?" He questioned her skeptically, "I could have sworn a little birdy told me that she was helping out Marcel tonight by watching a certain young witch."

Cadence's eyes widened in alarm, immediately freezing in place while her back was turned to Klaus, "She never said anything to me about that," She lied in a tone that made it almost impossible for Klaus to realize that she was lying to him, "I think you may have gotten the wrong information. Cami's working here tonight after my shift's over. She wouldn't be able to."

"Perhaps we were both told the wrong information," Klaus responded as Cadence turned to him, the male hybrid slightly smirking at her.

He clearly knew that she was keeping something from him, despite her trying her hardest to show the opposite. "I seriously doubt that," Cadence retorted calmly, "Now, tell me why you're really here."

Klaus smiled, finally taking a seat at the bar in front of her instead of standing, "I'm itching to get hold of this young witch named Davina and I need your help to do so." He informed her as Cadence picked up an empty glass and a bottle of bourbon.

  She looked up at Klaus, who nodded his head, telling her to pour him a glass. She immediately obeyed, pouring him a glass of bourbon before placing the bottle of whiskey back, "And why would I do that?" She questioned curiously, sliding the glass of alcohol over to him.

"Marcel is using Davina as his secret weapon and is keeping my brother captive," he informed her and Cadence was taken aback for a moment.

  Not wanting to give herself away, Cadence was quick to put on a show and act like she didn't care, "And?" She questioned without a care in the world.