Chapter 28

"Ella!" Aidens voice rang out through the thick forest that surrounded his territory. The three of us hovered on the border, waiting for him to arrive while his guards analysed our every move.

"Aiden, get your ass here so we can come in," I called back with a laugh. The guards frowned and took a threatening step forward, to which I retaliated with one of my own.

Face to face with large man, I inhaled a strong waft of his wolfs scent. A hint of blood and suffering seemed to intertwine with the aroma of wet dog and nature.

He snarled deeply at me, releasing small rays of dominance before he toppled to the floor from the force of my own splinters. I smiled down at him and retreated back in between my guys right as Aiden appeared.

"Trevor! What the hell are you doing on the floor?" He snapped impatiently, frowning as the man staggered to his feet.

"Not his fault." I smiled guiltily. "He thought he was more dominant than me... so maybe it is his fault." I sent him an apologetic look, to which he shook his head with a smile and gestured for us to enter his territory.

"So what are you guys doing here?" His eyes narrowed when a frown crossed my face. "Is everything ok?"

I hesitated, glancing towards his guards who - while standing like statues - could hear every word I was about to say. "Can we go somewhere private to talk?" I asked and he followed the direction of my gaze.

"Sure, come on."

We trailed after him until we emerged from the forest and entered a large village brimming with people. Scrutinising glances were thrown at us while we followed Aiden but I walked with my head held high, ignoring the hate that was stirring in my gut.

Some of these people were there. They were present when Alpha Dean attacked. They fought my friends, my family, my pack and they witnessed my father fall.

Instinctively, my hand darted out to cling to Zach's much larger, warmer one. Seeming to understand, he squeezed my hand back and didn't let go while we continued.

Once we got into the dense part of town, people littered the streets everywhere we looked, prowling closer or running in the opposite direction.

Houses here were smaller than on the outskirts and more children seemed to run about, some in wolf form. The adults appeared to be of a lower class than the others with scruffier clothes and thinner figures.

"Alpha Reed!" A voice bellowed from behind me and I turned to see a man probably three times my size towering over me with a deep scowl set in his features.

The man was not only tall but bulky with muscles the size of basketballs bulging beneath his torn shirt. His large fists were clenched at his sides and were probably bigger than my head, with the knuckles a ghostly white colour.

His neon orange eyes blazed down at me, anger and hatred dancing in the flames that resided there. He took a step towards me, covering about a metre in that one small step and snarled from behind his dark, bushy beard.

Within seconds, Zach and Liam had stepped in front of me, not blocking my view so I knew exactly what was happening but enough so they could easily block me from any attack.

However, the mans gaze suddenly snapped to Zach and a sadistic smirk crossed his face. "And the boyfriend that killed my Alpha."

"Aiden is your Alpha!" I yelled, tugging Zach a little away from the extremely humongous man.

Fiery rage flickered to me before he settled his gaze back on my boyfriend. "That's enough. Go home, now." Aidens strong, authoritative voice shocked me. He didn't strike me as the aggressive type and after spending some time with him in the month after our fathers died, I truly questioned his ability to run a pack.

"They have to pay for what they did. Both of them," he barked, taking another step. Zach gently shoved me backwards and Liam steadied me before blocking me completely.

"I would love to see you try." I scoffed. He may be absolutely massive but I was faster and more dominant. To back up my words, I released a strong force of dominance that had Zach and Liam cowering slightly while the man stumbled backwards from the sheer force.

I released blow after blow of strength, watching with great satisfaction as he crumbled to his feet once Aiden joined me. "I suggest you do as he says and go," I recommended in a polite voice.

Satisfied, I released him and grinned as he scurried away fearfully. "I love that." I laughed, turning to Aiden with an appreciative smile.

"Sorry about him."

I shrugged and turned to continue when I noticed the hundred odd pairs of eyes watching the scene that occurred. I glanced back at Aiden with wide eyes and he rolled his before leading me away from them and towards the very centre of town.

A beautiful three storey mansion stood proudly in the centre of similar, smaller homes. Gardens decorated the surroundings and a large porch wrapped around the outside.

"Nice place," Liam scoffed, clearly intimidated and I sent him an understanding glance.

"Will they be ok if they wait outside?" I asked Aiden, pointing to the two brothers who frowned slightly.

"Trevor! Makes sure no harm comes to these two while we talk. Anything happens come and fetch me immediately," Aiden ordered the guard that fought me earlier.

I giggled at Zachs frown. "We can manage," he uttered ungratefully but with that, I followed Aiden into house.

"It's beautiful," I told him, admiring the intricate decor and relaxing colours. Ornaments and trinkets from across the world scattered the surfaces as well as photographs of Aiden and his parents.

"Thanks." He lead me into a large office similar to my own and closed the door, supposedly to sound proof it before pointing to a seat opposite his own.

I took it appreciatively and swallowed the lump that had started to form in my throat. It was one thing coming here but how do you tell someone you are their big sister? Or half-sister.

"What's wrong El?" He asked gently, a mixture of puzzle and worry crossing his face.

"Well... I'm just going to be honest because I really don't know how to tell you this." I laughed uncomfortably before continuing. "I was sorting through my moms stuff and found her diaries and long story short I read that Alexander Reed wasn't actually my father," I explained and awaited his reaction.

He simply blinked, shocked and I took that as a sign to carry on. "Anyway, I found some more diaries and she writes about how she couldn't believe she was pregnant with Dean Tollmans baby... which means that he is my father Aiden. Your dad is also my dad," I whispered the ending, hoping to break the news gently and then anticipated his response in suspense.

His mouth gaped open before closing again, a look of utter shock exploding on his face. He was completely speechless. "I know you might need a minute. Sorry to just drop this on you, I just really needed to speak to you about it."

"You're my sister," he muttered.

"Yeah, half-sister anyway. I can fill you in with all the details if you want but its a long and complicated story. I just wanted to let you know and I was hoping maybe you had some answers for me." I shrugged.

"I doubt I have any answers. I had no idea," he told me, finally meeting my eyes. He looked... happy? Relieved? I wasn't sure but then I barely understood my own emotions at the moment.

I simply nodded in response, allowing him a moment to absorb the information. Eventually he smiled up at me and I felt it warm my heart slightly. "I have a sister." He laughed. "I thought I was doomed to not have a family."

"Me too," I replied honestly. "I guess we aren't alone anymore. I know we are already friends but I would love to be your sister... if thats ok with you?" I held my breath while I waited for his answer, praying he saw this as an opportunity for family like I did.