Chapter 34

Aspen's POV

I sank on the bed and looked up as the door cracked open. Ivy's long dyed brown hair swung through the door. I placed Lindsay on the bed beside me. I choked on the sob in my throat and opened my arms to her. She hurried in, dropping her purse and enveloped me in her arms. "I'm so sorry babe..I should've been here. My dad took me on a trip and when I finally got service..I came as soon as I could."

"H-h-he's g-g-gone." I blubbered, tears running down my cheeks. I sniffed and Ivy stroked my back, "I know honey...I know." I sniffed and wiped my eyes. I looked down as Lindsay stretched and I rubbed her belly. Ivy glanced at her and her eyes sparkled as she gently lifted her up. Her pink bow hat slid and I pushed it back, smiling through my tears. "Oh Aspen..she's gorgeous." I picked up some Kleenex and blew my nose, "Really? Who does she look like?" Ivy swayed slowly and looked at me with a smile. "She looks so much like you..she has your strong cheekbones, your lips and that nose." Just them Lindsay opened her bright blue eyes and yawned. Ivy gasped, "Awwww those eyes...both her potential daddies have those eyes. Those are definitely not your eyes." I laughed and leaned against the pillows. Ivy laid her in my arms and I kissed her cheek. "She's too cute for her own good." Ivy grinned then sighed, "When are you going to take the DNA test?" I shrugged and blinked back tears. "I asked...Detective Cullen to cut off a lock of Logan's hair." I swallowed and squinted at the wall. Ivy cocked her head slightly, "I thought you just needed a strand." A sad, slow smile crept across my lips and I looked at Ivy. "I want the lock." Ivy smiled and rubbed my arm, "Oh honey..." Lindsay started to fuss and I gratefully scooped her in my arms. I started swaying and she broke out in full out sobs. I signed and blushed. Ivy rolled her eyes, "I've seen everything before." I laughed and exposed my breast, waiting for Lindsay to latch on. When she finally did, I started slightly swaying again. Ivy crossed her legs and grinned, "Has Connor been here?" I looked up startled and sighed, "Yeah..And Ivy it's so bad." She lifted an eyebrow, "Spill." So I told her about the labor and losing Logan. "The worst part is after giving birth when I was falling asleep awhile after. I couldn't help kissing him. Well he kissed me first an-" Ivy's eyes widened and she waved her arms. "Wait..wait Wait.. he kissed you..after you lost the love of your life and had just had a baby???????" I reddened and looked down at a still suckling and contented Lindsay. "The worst part is.. I kissed him back...And I wanted him to go all the way. And then..I just thought about Logan and I shoved him off and told him to leave. He hasn't come back since." "How long ago was that?"

"Three days ago."

Ivy clucked her tongue and sighed, "That man is messed up." Ducking my head, I looked at Lindsay who stopped sucking. Laying her on my shoulder, I patted her back gently and waited for a burp. "I feel awful...like a horrible person." Ivy gaped at me then pursed her lips, "Honey...hormones played a huge role in that make out session...plus you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. He shouldn't have done it in the first place. So do not blame yourself." I looked away from her, rubbing Lindsay's back. "Logan would be heartbroken." Ivy sighed, "Logan knew you were in love with Connor before y'all started dating..everyone knew that. I know how hard it was for you to love only Logan so Aspen...I don't think you're an awful person. I know you're a teen mom with conflicting emotions." Sighing, I breathed in Lindsay's baby scent as she lay on my shoulder. "Thanks Ivy." She nodded then tapped her chin, "Are you still going to live with Logan's family?" I swayed slowly, "I have no idea..I think so. Or I'll live with my dad. He's staying here too." Ivy nodded, "What about school?" I laid Lindsay gently on the bed, "I think I'll do the homeschool thing. At least until I graduate. I know that going to school would be too hard right now." Ivy stroked Lindsay's palm, "You have to grow up so fast..." I shrugged and looked for Lindsay's blanket, "I'm fine Ivy." A timid knock on the door started us both. "Come in." I called in my quietest voice. Connor's sheepish face came through the doorway. My jaw dropped as my eyes landed on the single rose in his hand. Covering my mouth, I looked at Ivy. He started walking towards me, slowly. "I know what you're thinking...that I shouldn't be here. I just...I had to see you both and I had to apologise. I had no right to kiss you or leave for so long. It was selfish, childish and inconsiderate. I know you must be exhausted taking care of a baby all by yourself." Tears filled my eyes and he stopped right in front of me. "Aspen I'm so sorry for everything. You don't know how sorry I am. Please..Please forgive me." I choked back a sob and nodded, "I want my best friend back. Please." He wiped away a tear and gave me a wry smile, "That I know I can do." His strong arms enveloped me and I wrapped my arms around his waist, letting the tears flow. Finally, I pulled away. Connor wiped a tear of his own away and turned to Lindsay. Ivy gave me a smile and stood, "I have to go Aspen..Kevin is here to pick me up, but I'll come see you as soon as I can." I nodded and gave her a hug, "Thank you..for everything." I whispered and she patted my back. She quietly left the room and I turned back to Connor. He stroked Lindsay's cheek softly and she stirred. Wrapping my arms around myself, I sat on the bed. "You can pick her up if you'd like." He gave me a look of happy surprise and lifted her gently. She mewled and stretched. He lays her in his arms and instantly starts swaying. "Hi Princess..it's Daddy. Babygirl...Daddy has been waiting for this moment forever..I love you princess." I waited him closely and twisted my hands as I saw tears streaming down his cheeks. He laid his cheek on here and sighed. "Aspen...she's perfect." I sniffed as I felt tears and fanned my eyes, laughing slightly. "Stop crying. You're gonna make me cry...yes she is perfect. " Connor smiled at me and I lay down, watching them. He rocked her and walked all around the room. I yawned and lay on my arms. "Hey Connor?" "Hmm?" He turned slightly and I smiled. "I'm going to sleep, if she wakes up. I'll feed her." He beamed at me and nodded, "Alright. Lindsay is going to have some bonding time with her daddy." I chuckled and yawned again. I watched them as sleep tugged on my eyes. Blinking slowly, I watched then relaxed. I finally closed my eyes and succumbed to the much needed sleep.

^^^
Sooooo Ivy's back!! Also I think this is the longest chapter yet and it's not even that long. Yay! Also Caspen is getting cuter and cuter by the moment. Aspen is a terrific mom! Like this is a cuteness overload..I can't! What drama do you guys think is gonna happen??? I can't wait to start book two with y'all! Tell your friends to check out my book!! Keep reading, commenting and voting my lovelies!❤ Love you guys!💕💓💖💗

xoxo writing_princess16