Chapter 8

Alexander's pov

I walked stood there at the entrance of my pack feeling helpless. I had sent my warriors to search for her in the forest but still I was not sure if she would be willing to come back. 'it is all because of you, YOU FREAKING IDIOT! I HAD WAITED FOR MY MATE FOR TWO YEARS AND WHEN I FIND HER ALL SHE WANTS TO DO OS RUN AWAY. JUST BECAUSE YOU HAD HURT HER AND TREATED HER LIKE SHIT!' My wolf yelled. I could feel my eyes getting wet. My mate. My love. My luna.

Even when I looked at her from a distance I could see the terrified expression on her face. She ran away from me because she was scared of me. She would never forgive me. I knew that I had to beg her. I was ready to get down on my knees and beg her. She had run away from me. She was not ready to be my mate. I don't know how long was I standing over there but soon I started hearing whispers from other pack members. They knew everything. The way I treated her, the way she was tortured by the pack. About her being my mate. I turned arou d and said loudly, 'Everyone, have your food and leave. The ceremony further is cancelled.' I was about to leave whan sabrina suddenly kept her hand on my shoulder and said, 'It's alright babe. That slut was not even worth it. It is good that she is gone. Now we can be together.' I snapped my head in her direction and pushed her away.

'If anyone in this pack dares to talk anything bad about Rose they will have to deal with me. She is going to be your luna and don't worry she is going to come back here soon enough. I don't want anymore questions about this'. I said and walked towards the pack house. I mindlinked all my pack members who were on the look out for her. They still hadn't found anything.

I went into the pack house and went straight up towards the attic. Right now I felt like a shitty person. More than that I felt like the worst mate. My mate was living in the cold attic shivering with an wooden bed while I was in my warm bed having all the luxuries in this world. Now i know why my mate wanted to mask her scent. I remembered all the time I had insulted and all her pleads to stop while I was breaking that fra....... I felt a huge pain in my heart thinking about her and my wolf James was howling.

I opened the door of the attic. Her scent was still there but the person itself was completely gone. I looked over at the old table in the attic and saw the broken pieces of the frame I had destroyed. I walked over to them and picked one of them up. At that moment I pictured her face. How she was not speaking a word but her tears won't stop flowing. It was very sentimental for her. 'Could you communicate with her wolf James?' 'No, the minute I tried to take advantage of the mate bond and tried to use wolf communication her wolf just blocked me and before blocking told me to leave her and Rose alone.' I shut my eyes and collapsed on the bed. Even her wolf hated me. I did not want her in my pack to increase my power. I just want her by my side. With me. I had waited for my mate all my life and was disappointed on my eighteenth birthday when I could not find one. But I still did not lose hope. And now I just found out that my mate was none other the girl whose whole life had been made a living hell by none other than me. Suddenly I heard footsteps in the attic, it was Dean my beta and my mom and dad.

Dean came in and I looked at him hopefully but he just simply shook his head. I still remember that Dean was the only one who always told me to stop. Who told me that what I was doing to her was wrong. If I had listened to him maybe things would have been better right now.

My father spoke, 'We apologise son. We never knew that Arthur' s daughter was your mate. If we had  treated her better and given her the respect of being our best warrior's daughter then today the pack would have a luna along with an alpha. It is our fault as well'.

'Dad are there any records of her. Like any other family members she had. Anything.' I asked my father. 'No son. It feels like someone erased all of them. I had file about her mom as she was the only human mate in our pack but right now when I went into the office it was not there. It feels as if Rose has vanished into thin air'.

I sighed and looked out of the window. I was planning to issue a word to the neighbouring packs as well. I would never stop looking for her. I was ready to wait for days, weeks and even years. Even if everyday without her would be a torture for me I was ready to face it. I deserved that. Right now all I sould do was wait for my rose. 'And I will have to wait for my lily'. James whimpered.