Chapter 35

Alexander's pov

I could hear a loud beeping sound. The last thing I remembered was collapsing on the battlefield with rose by my side. Rose! Was she okay?! I had saved her from Mason. I opened my eyes and adjusted myself to the light. I was in the pack's hospital. I looked around to see Rose who had fallen asleep next to me. She was holding my hand. I squeezed it a little and suddenly she woke up with a start. She looked at me and said, 'Alexander, yo...you are awake, finally! Doctor! I will tell the doctor' she said and left the room running. I was just glad that she was fine. Soon enough the doctor came in, he checked me and asked, 'How are you feeling now alpha?' 'I am absolutely fine,actually. There is not much pain as well. When can I get out?' I asked impatiently, I hated hospitals to be honest. 'Alpha as you are stronger than others because you have alpha blood. Your healing is quite quick but still your wounds need to be fully recovered and so you have to stay over here for two more days.' I groaned internally and asked, 'How long was I out docter?' 'You were out for two days. Luna was by your side constantly. Did not leave the hospital for one minute. So was your father.' I nodded and he left. Rose was by my side constantly. Wow! It was nice. 'It really was, her touch and presence helped the recovery.' my wolf James said. After the doctor left my father walked in. He sat by my side and asked, 'How are you feeling now, son?' 'I am fine dad. But still need to stay over here for two more days.' 'For a moment I thought I had lost you' mu father said. 'Son, I know I have been a terrible father, trust me I will try to be better now. No matter what happened, the way I was harsh on you was wrong.' 'Dad it's okay. And it only benefitted me. I strived to become a better alpha because of that. Obviously I wished sometimes I did wish that you would soften up a little bit and we could have better conversations but at the end of the day, you are my father and I love you. After mom you were all that I had.' I told him.'I was glad to see you by my side on the battlefield dad.' I said and I really was. 'I just hope one day I will be an alpha who will be strong enough to take care of people and will be able to put in his best.'

'Alexander everyone goes through tough times, always remember that and this was a war you fought with a person who was ten times more experienced than you. The amount of hard work you put in was tremendous. I must agree. You are a good alpha alexander. You still have a little bit more to learn but that will come with age. Besides that if need any advice just remember that I am there for it son. The way you have done everything even without my help or guidance is commandable and I am extremely proud of you.' He said. At that moment I felt the little boy who used wait for outside his father's office for hours to show him his trophies waking up. I always wanted to hear to from my father that he was proud of me. I always thought I was an incapable son but today I felt happy. I was finally a child whose father was proud of him. My father patted on my head and said, 'And I know wherever your mother is above in heaven she is also proud of you. Take rest right now, I will see you later.' saying that he turned to leave. 'Oh one more thing, me coming on the battlefield to help you was because Rose encouraged me to.' his father said and left leaving Alexander surprised.

Third person's pov

After Alexander's dad left Dean came in to meet him along with his third in command. They both spoke with him a lot. About work,about the war, they also informed him that the reparations had already begun and things were much better now. When Alexander asked about Mason they told him he was locked in the dungeons. 'I will kill that bastard with my own hands.' He said through gritted teeth. 'Don't worry about him right now we are already making sure that he is regrets every single day that he is alive. Obviously we will leave the rest of the honours to you.' They talked more about general things of the pack also that Alpha jake was ready to offer any kind of help to the pack if required. But Alexander told them to generously reject it as they had more than enough money to do that. After saying their goodbyes they left.

Next came in the person he was waiting for the most, Rose. He could see that she had freshened up a little bit. Her clothes were different as well. She took slow steps towards him and sat down by his side. 'How are you now?' 'Better' He replied. 'Thanks for saving me but..... but why did you do that? You were already very injured.' she asked quietly. 'You are my mate Rose. After my pack it is always going to be you whj is my priority, you are still a wolf in training, and me who had trained all his life was finding it hard to fight Mason . I know I did a lot of things that were wrong in the past but I love you Rose.' He said.
'I don't expect an answer from you and I will never ask you to give one but in that moment I had two choices either to choose you or me. There were many chances that you would have....... Let's not talk about it.' He said and put his hand on Rose's and sqeezed it and said,'Besides that a world without you isn't a world worth existing in. I would be happy in any corner of the earth knowing you are somewhere happy living the best possible life you can and you want. And also if anything had happened to me I knew you would take the best possible care of this pack in my absence,you are that intelligent and brave. You are no less than an alpha, my luna.' He said with a bright smile on his face. He slowly removed his hand taking it away from Rose's.

'Alexander I forgive you' she said quickly. She saw a very surprised look on his face. Before he or even rose could speak anything further suddenly the doctor walked in to see check up on him along with a nurse. Rose left to give them privacy but still she had this slightly empty feeling in her heart after she left. What was happening to her?