Chapter 7: The suit's still off limits!

"You're four minutes early?" Mordred said as she noticed me. 

"Told you I'd be here." I grinned.

"You look a little less like shit." She smiled.

"Why, thank you!" There was something very pleasant about her? I didn't like it.

"Okay, so I have a little bit of a situation that you should probably know about before we go to my place." She said, clicking her lips.

"I'm all ears."

"We're actually going to my friend's place because he's not going to be home for as long as I tell him to not be home, just keep in mind, you may find some haunting stuff there. Stuff that's not supposed to be touched."

"Oh yeah, I get it." I nodded.

"Great. It's just five minutes away."

"You're a really nice person, I hope you know that?" Or you're a psychopath but I'm trying to be positive about this! 

"Oh I do. I have been told that I am an excellent human specimen, multiple times over the past week."

"You're also really stupid for letting a stranger crash with you. But you know, we all have our flaws."

"Ah yes, have you considered that maybe you're the one who trusts people too easily? You're the one crashing with a stranger."

"You look like you can be trusted."

"So do you. I guess that makes us both naïve. In turn making us both safe. I don't mind that." She struck me as someone who had at least half a brain. But the way she decided to put her thoughts forward, was kind of disturbingly optimistic.

"Why do you work at a café again?"

"Because the brand of philosophy I'm willing to provide people with, doesn't pay very well."

"I wouldn't call it philosophy." I scratched the back of my neck.

"Because of people like you, I have to work in a café. We both know I'm right."

"What if we're both really weird people?"

"Then I guess we're both in for some fun." She had somehow understood exactly what kind of a person I was despite having known me for about ten minutes and that scared the shit out of me but in a really good way. It was like that feeling you get just before going on a really big rollercoaster. You're anxious but in the most positive way possible.

"Tell me more about yourself." I said, biting my lip.

"Well, I'm still in University. So I'll be leaving you alone for a few hours while I go do that."

"You can afford an education?"

"My parents can, and I'm passionate about a few things. Philosophy, robotics, finance, that should give you an idea of what I'm doing?"

"Not a clue." I shook my head.

"Perfect." She beamed.

"Is your name really Mordred?" I knew it wasn't but I didn't know if there was really any other polite way to ask someone that?

"As far as you're concerned, yes, yes, it is. Is your name really Arthur?" She joked.

"As far as you're concerned." I brushed it off.

She wasn't kidding when she said it was five minutes away. It was literally five minutes away. It was almost creepy how it was perfectly five minutes away?