Chapter 11

Beast POV

What the fuck!!! Is the only thought going through my head right now.

They changed into wolves. Right in front of me. How is that possible!!!

IT'S NOT!!!

I must be dreaming! Yeah, that's it. I am dreaming and I will wake up soon, hopefully back with the black wolf and not THERE.

I don't even have time to ponder over the outrageous situation I'm in, as the wolves are attacking us in the blink of an eye.

The grey wolf is unsuccessfully trying to fight five of them, and the other five are coming for me, snarling and growling my way, trying to intimidate me.

They should know better. I don't give a fuck that they are animals now; I will kill them if they try to hurt me.

I take a fighting stance and prepare to defend myself, but as soon as one of them charges straight at me, he is smashed into by none other than the black wolf.

Now I'm shocked. How did he get here? I didn't hear him coming!

There are other wolves with him, now fiercely fighting off the guards, some of them I recognize as the ones that were there when I first met them.

The black wolf rips off the guard's throat with his teeth and snarls at me, gesturing with head up. Up? I look up for a split second. The tree? The black wolf snarls again, this time more fiercely and again nods at the tree.

I decide to listen to him, for some reason trusting him. Even though he's just an animal, an overgrown animal, but animal nonetheless, I know he's smarter than it seems.

So I climb up the tree again, watching the bloody battle beneath me, silently rooting for the familiar wolves.

But then, from my position on the higher branch, I notice another wolf approaching the black wolf. This one has a ragged scar on his face. A scar I recognize, since I'm the one that gave it to him.

The black wolf doesn't seem to notice him and is left defenseless. No! No! No! Not him!

I let my instincts take over and jump at the scarred wolf as soon as he is my range, taking him by surprise. I quickly adjust my position on him, so I'm set astride his back before he can throw me off, wrap my arms around him and with one quick move I snap his neck, effectively killing him.

The black wolf notices me on the ground and kills off the guard he was fighting with before heading my way.

I struggle to get out from beneath the guard, as he somehow ended up falling on me, immobilizing me completely. As I lie on the ground, trying to pull my leg from underneath his dead body, the black wolf sniffs around me, quietly whining as he can't help me in any way, then bites on the guard's neck and pulls him off of me.

I get up from the ground and quickly assess the situation around me, watchful of other guards that may try to attack us.

There are wolves dead lying around the area around us, the others are looking our way, some covered in blood, some still finishing off the guards.