Chapter Eighteen

After our little reunion Victoria and Riley followed us to the field, Riley more being dragged along by Seth and Nate as he struggled with anger towards Victoria who he saw as a traitor.

I felt someone grab my arm before we emerged into the field. I looked up and saw Edward gazing at me with doubt and worry, are you sure about this? He thought.

I sighed, she's my sister, Edward. I have to at least give her a chance. He nodded, still in doubt over if Victoria was actually on our side.

As we walked forward we saw the newborns being burned, the Cullens standing around the fire with a look of triumph. The werewolves stood not too far behind, mesmerized by the flames.

"How long?" Edward asked his future seeing sister.

"A few minutes. Maybe 10." She answered with a sigh. I grabbed her shoulder as I watched her go through another vision.

A hiss from a certain blonde caught my attention, "what is she doing here?! You idiots aren't supposed to bring the enemy to us!" Rosalie yelled, getting ready to attack Victoria and Riley, who still stayed in Nate's grip.

Victoria hissed back in defence, her eyes turning feral in a matter of seconds. I took hold of my vampire sister's arm to make sure she wouldn't attack my mate.

Edward stepped forward, an arm raised in front of Victoria and I as if to protect us, "she is no longer a threat. I don't know about Riley but . . ." He trailed off as our eyes turned to him, laying on the ground. Nate, in his wolf form, sat looking extremely annoyed with the vampire who tried to get his shoulder from his teeth.

Rosalie scoffed in disbelief, "and how can we be sure? She could attack us all right now while your stupidly trying to protect her."

From then on I knew it would be very hard for these two to ever get along. Two hot headed, beauty queens in one house? It's going to be a nightmare. As much as I loved Rosalie and Victoria, they could both be very high maintenance.

I saw Eddie give me a small smirk, don't let them hear you say that. I rolled my eyes with amusement towards my brother-in-law.

"The pack needs to leave. The Volturi won't honor a truce with the werewolves." Carlisle spoke up, breaking the arguments that was happening.

"We should probably kill the boy." Eddie told us, still looking at him with narrowed eyes. I nodded in agreement, crossing my arms as I turned my eyes to Victoria.

"He doesn't trust me anymore. He will only try to kill everyone." She said, simply agreeing to killing her little puppet. I can't believe she would turn an innocent boy and kill him just like that, although I did the same with Carlisle, minus the killing part.

Jake and Leah emerged from the forest, I waved and Jake nodded in return. But as we were distracted Riley gave a punch to Nate in the snout causing the wolf to let go in pain and surprise. He whined while the newborn vampire rushed towards us.

"Riley, stop!" I heard Eddie yell before I was tackled to the ground, everything turning into a blur around me. I gasped in shock, Riley looked down at me with anger, venom dripped from his mouth as he shook.

I didn't have it in me to hurt him, I saw the young innocent boy still in him. His whole life was taken away from him with a single bite, and he knew, revenge was now what he had left. In a way he took Victoria's need for revenge and it was now his, he was now the dangerous, feral nomad who was out to kill us. Things had changed for him, this was now all he knew.

Before I could say anything, maybe try to calm the situation, someone had pounced on him. The figure knocking Riley off and sending him to the ground.

I breathed out shakily, watching as the newborn got a hold of Leah. His arm was wrapped around the she wolf's neck and if he squeezed even slightly he could kill her.

I stepped forward, making up my mind to stop him but was stopped by a loud bark. Jakes wolf racing passed me, turning his large head to give me a stern gaze.

Jake jumped on Riley, biting into his shoulder causing him to fling Leah across the field. I ran to her side, placing a hand on her back as we watched the fight.

The newborns strength was beyond Jakes, he would never be able to defeat him on his own. I wanted to help, I wanted anyone to help but no one did. I was held back by Nate, his wolf blocking me from running forward. Jake wasn't winning or losing, they were equally matched for now. That was until Riley somehow got his arms around Jakes waist, my eyes widened when I saw him squeeze and heard his bones shatter.

I whimpered along with Jake, falling to my knees in pain for the wolf. I didn't even notice the rest of the pack finally coming to Jakes rescue and killing Riley.

"Jacob!" I heard Bella's scream from across the field. She ran over to him and I stood to my feet, following them with shaky legs. Nate whined at me, nudging me with his large head. I gave him a small smile and pat his head.

Carlisle sighed, looking over Jake, "the bones on his right side are shattered."

Jake groaned, "Bella."

"Jake, I'm right here."

I felt Leah's presence behind me, her anger and worry strong over everything else, "Jacob, you idiot, I had it." She told him.

"Leah." Sam warned, giving her a stern look. I turned my gaze to her, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"This is all my fault. Violet, I'm sorry." Victoria shook her head, giving me a look of sympathy.

A growl came from Rose, "yes, it is all your fault."

I sighed at the two who were quite literally giving me a headache, if that was even possible. I understand Rosalie's skepticism but this was all being too much for me to handle. Rosalie, Victoria and Leah all in one place was beginning to feel like a whirlwind of hate, anger and disgust, with a little sarcasm.

"Are you alright, Anastasia?" I heard Sam ask causing the whole pack of wolves to turn to me while the vampires and human talked over Jakes injuries.

I smiled at their concern, "I'm fine. It's just the feeling of Jakes bones shattering was not a nice experience." And they nodded in agreement.

Jake scoffed, "imagine being the one to actually feel the extent of it. You bastereds only felt half." We all laughed at the boy who still layed in pain on the ground.

"We must get him out of here. We won't win a fight with the Volturi." Edward informs us with a nod.

"We'll take him back to Billy's." Sam told Carlisle.

"I'll be there soon as I can."

I grabbed Sams arm, "you keep him and my boys safe, yeah?"

He nodded, his expression serious, "always will."

Authors Note
Hey everyone! Sorry my writings getting a little sloppy, it's partially because I'm writing a few other stories, including another twilight fan fiction. So if you guys want please check it out and tell me what you think.
Love you guys.

Bubblyjess123