Papa-papa-paparazzi

Butterflies flitted around in my empty stomach as I stood, watching the crowd of paparazzi and celebrities dance a merry dance of publicity. Aidan had asked me to be his date to the event, and obviously I had said yes, but now my nerves were getting the better of me, and I was too scared to go out into the open. I felt a warm hand wrap around my own, and I looked across to see Aidan smiling at me encouragingly. I sighed, rubbing my face with my hand, being careful not to smug the makeup that had been laid on it.

"What do I even do?" I muttered, gripping his hand.

"You just smile at the camera, act like you're comfortable and answer their questions." He replied, rubbing my back with his free hand.

"And what if they ask if I'm your girlfriend?" I asked, looking at him worriedly. We had been dating for over a year now, but never came out about it because we didn't want the pressure.

"I think they will be able to tell anyways, because I'm going to hold you hand through the whole thing." He grinned, dragging out the 'o' in whole. I smirked, feeling slightly more relaxed that I wouldn't have to lie to the cameras.

"Okay, I'm as ready as I'll ever be." I breathed, straightening my dress and tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.  Aidan smiled, giving me a kiss on the forehead.

"And how ready is that?"

"Not at all." I laughed, pulling him out into the open.

"That's my girl." He chuckled, pulling me to his side as we walked along, saying hello to various people who I never would have dreamed of meeting. In the end the knot in my stomach dissipated, and actually enjoyed talking to everyone. It helped that Aidan never left my side, chipping in when I didn't know how to answer a question. At one point, a man said to Aidan:

"You're lucky to be even friends with a girl like that."

And Aidan answered, looking at me and smiling in the most adorable way, dimples sinking into his cheeks.

"I'm lucky as hell."

——————-——————-———————
A/N:

Omg that sucked so baaaaad and I'm sorry it was so short. Thanks for reading and please carry on reading.