ch 121

When Wei Luo woke up the next day, there was no one next to her.

After Wei Luo ate breakfast, Jin Lu handed her a light yellow cloisonné bowl that was decorated with a brightly colored orchid pattern and filled with tea. She rinsed her mouth with the longjing green tea that had mint leaves added to it. Her expression was slightly perplexed. Did Zhao Jie really come last night? Or, had that just been a dream?

Yesterday, Wei Luo had been too sleepy. She only remembered that Zhao Jie had carried her up to the roof in his arms at the end. She didn't remember what happened after that. She turned her head and looked at the bed. The thin, gauzy robe she had just changed out of was still on the bed. It was the robe that Zhao Jie had helped her put on. It seemed that it wasn't a dream. Zhao Jie really had come here. She just didn't know when he had left or if he was still in the villa....

Wei Luo was slightly preoccupied with her thoughts and she didn't return to her senses until Jin Lu called her. She blinked and asked, "Jin Lu, you've been fidgeting in front of me since early morning. Is there something you want to say to me?"

Jin Lu nodded, "Miss, today is the day that Doctor Fu will be treating First Young Master's leg. The women in the other branches have already gone there to show their support. Do you want to go over there to look too?"

Wei Luo thought for a moment before saying, "Okay, it'll be good to go over there to look. Go over to Yu Rong's room to ask her to come too."

Jin Lu replied, "Understood."

Then, Wei Luo changed into a pomegranate red wu luo robe with a flowering stem pattern. A moon white muslin dress was worn underneath the robe. It was too cold outside, so she also wore a bright red cloak that that was lined with fox fur and had silk lacing. As she was putting on a pair of turquoise earrings in front of a bronze mirror, Liang Yu Rong came inside, followed by Jin Lu.

(T/N: Below are a picture of a simple light pink wu luo robe and a picture of that type of flowering stem pattern.)

Ch 121 - wu luo robe.png

Ch 121 - flowering stem pattern.png

Liang Yu Rong was even more afraid of the cold than Wei Luo. Today, she was wearing a yellow moon jacket with a lotus pattern and a pleated skirt. Not only was she covered by a cloak, she was also wearing a sable hat and holding a copper hand warmer. Her entire body was tightly covered as if she was afraid that other people didn't know how cold she was. Looking at how Liang Yu Rong was dressed, Wei Luo couldn't help teasing her, "If I didn't know better, I would think you're going to spend winter in Chang Bai Mountain."

(T/N: Chang Bai Mountain is the tallest mountain in Northeast Asia. It's considered a "Holy Mountain" and the birthplace many national myths.)

Chang Bai Mountain was an extremely bitterly cold place. During the winter, it would snow so heavily that the passages into the mountain would be sealed. It was impossible for most people to survive in that place. Wei Luo was only joking that Liang Yu Rong was dressed too excessively.

Liang Yu Rong immediately raised an eyebrow, "You're actually mocking me? I'm just sensitive to the cold. I haven't been to such a high altitude place in the past."

The conversation moved onto Wei Luo's clothing. The two young girls cheerfully quarreled with each other. The servant girls knew that they weren't actually angry, so they didn't step forward to stop them and only stood by and watched them with smiles.

Suddenly, Liang Yu Rong stopped talking and pointed at the red mark on Wei Luo's clavicle, "Ah Luo, what's that?"

Wei Luo blinked in surprise, "What?"