Chapter VI

I turned around to take a look at the king. Surprisingly he was like the captain, young. For some reason, I pitied these two for having so much responsibility weighing on their shoulders. I also was experiencing responsibilities but not so much as them. The future of their kingdom and its people were on their hands.

The King sat on his chair like his throne though it was just a plain wooden chair. Maybe that's just how the kings' were.

Just from the way he seats and gives this intimidating—not that I was intimidated or anything—aura of a royalty, no one could feel more superior than him. One thing that struck me, which was that the King was undeniably goddamn hot.

His eyes were like smoke, deep gray and full of heat. His dirty blond hair was neatly cut but not too short or too long.

Then there this girl seated across the king who also caught my attention. The way she chose her way of clothing, she wore a pant that looked too big for her, baggy pants patched in different colors of cloth like she's some clown in a circus. Let's not talk about how her tops look, I couldn't even describe it. As for her purple hair, it was tied on the very top of her head. I have no idea how in the world she made her hair stood like that and half of it flown down touching her shoulder.

Magic?

The king stood up and I refrained from jumping. I secretly patted my back for doing a great job. I didn't jump like a scaredy-cat.

"You look familiar," the King said.

It took a lot of time to realize that he was talking to me. But no one can be sure, even his eyes were on me. So, I looked up at Hulk who was right beside me and asked, "Is he referring to you?"

He glared down at me and before Hulk could open his angry mouth I felt a cold sharp object on my throat and a hand resting on my back in case of me stepping back. It was damn fast that I didn't have the time to react.

Dark gray eyes staring at me with such coldness. I could sense a tinge of malice escaping from him. I bet he's suppressing it for the sake of his weird company.

"You're that girl who tried to steal my sword at the tavern." His face was so close that could feel his hot breath.

I was too stunned to feel the butterflies on my stomach or do some flips. My mouth dropped open. Me? Accused of stealing.

"Who are you? Are you a spy? Who are you working with? Explain yourself, spy."

I pursed my mouth and furrowed my brows, still confused at his sudden accusations. Never in my life, I had steal even as a little girl. My parent would but all the things I want or I need in my world so, why in the hell I would steal and it's a freaking sword. What good it will do to me? I was a fucking healer. Do I stab people and heal them?

"Your Majesty, I think she can't speak with a knife on her throat," Reed said but the King didn't budge. That was not true but I silently thank the Captain. Bless your good soul even though you're the cause I was here.

I knew it, I should have run away. My life would be tangle in a more complicated life.