Chaprter VII

My plan of enjoying this opportunity given to by the gods which I called vacation had turned into a pain in the ass. I made a grave decision of following the smoke.

I heard Reed sighed when both me and the King haven't move nor speak.

"She said she was the healer from Marip," said Hulk.

"I'm the healer from Marip and her face isn't familiar in my village," said the weird looking girl nicely.

My jaw dropped, again. "You fucking dimwit! I did not say such a thing." Nor did I object back then with the Captain. Okay, it's all my fault. A sudden pain burst like fireworks inside my head, I gasped from the pain. "Oh great."

The king pulled the knife away from my throat and in exchange, he gave me an iron grip on my wrist where I was holding the coffee as I fall into my knees. My other hand massaged my temples as it could help lessen the pain. It did not.

It was like someone just drilled my head and took forever. When the pain disappeared I noticed that they were all watching me. "What? Never seen a girl in pain?" I scowled at them.

I knew that it was not their fault that I drank too much coffee that caused my headache, but does it have to be so much pain?

I took a deep breath and sighed letting all the stress out and stood even my legs were like jelly. "Look... err... your majesty," I said hesitantly, the word was foreign on my mouth. "You have the wrong person. First of all, for my twen—my 18 years of my life I am definitely, positively and a hundred percent sure we haven't met. Second, I'm not the healer of Mappy. I—"

"It's Marip," the girl corrected interjecting but I didn't care and still continued.

"—was on my way to your camp without causing any trouble, only seeking for a shelter for the night but Hulk here—"

"His name is Fergus," said Reed.

"—saw me and dragged me all the way to your camp thinking that I was lost and thought that the Mappy girl—"

"Her name is Maribel," said the King.

"—and Hulk—"

"It's Fergus," Hulk growled. I was getting annoyed with them trying to correct me.

"—forced me to heal your men. And the Captain found us bickering and shouting and now here we are. Now that I'm sure that I'm not welcome here I'll vamoose and never to be seen again."

All I want was to get out of this place. If I even got out of here alive then what will I do next? The letter said that I can be whatever I want. Should I try being a pirate?

"Captain, what do you think?" Asked the King without taking his eyes off me. He was watching me so close that my eyes kept on darting everywhere and making me skittish. Great. Just great. Thank you very much Shit Bucks for giving me so much caffeine and making me more suspicious.

"I think we should let her stay," Reed said with a smile. "I'll make sure to welcome her properly. How about it, Lady Lewis?"

Right. And be your little prisoner. I bit my lower lips. It's no use defending myself, even if I can prove myself innocent they will still think of me I was a spy. The last thing I need was my face drawn on the wanted list.