One.

"I'll stay freakin' rich and you'll stay fuckin' poor," C.T

"Chez, what do you think of this diamond ring?" My best friend twisted her hand back and forth to allow me to see the hundredth ring she bought for herself in the last month. "You think it's pretty?" She turned the camera back to herself, revealing her long red hair and blue eyes, and I rolled my eyes, wondering why she decided to call me via Facetime. I still wasn't used to working this new phone with all of its new technology. "You know I think it's fucking sexy, Vivi," I shook my head with a smirk and she beamed happily, announcing that she was going to Balenciaga for another round of shopping.

Vivi, or as everyone knew her, Vivienne Baudelaire, was the twenty-four-year-old daughter and the only child of Cordelia and Phillippe Baudelaire. She was my best friend, the person I did everything with. We even had a set shopping time every Saturday, the place was up to us when the time came. Her favorite clothing item was her gold fleur heels by Guiseppe Zanotti, though she could've done a lot better, but I had to give her props. They were the really expensive ones. For someone whose net worth was over 10 billion, she worked as a first-grade teacher. I've never really understood why she did that of all things, but she was family to me so I ignored it. She was the only who I could really connect to.

"Aw, thank you, Chez! I appreciate you," She shuffled around on the phone and I huffed, looking at my smartwatch, checking the time. "What are you doing?" She asked me and I sighed. "I'm waiting for Pierre to get here. I need to get to the airfield and I greatly detest being stuck in the city traffic," We both groaned in disgust at the thought of being put through such atrocities. Stuck in a car among cars of the poor.

Pierre, my chauffeur, was taking his sweet time to get here, especially when I told him to be here at 4:00 on the dot and it was 4:03. I was going to have to talk to my dear mother about lessening his pay since he couldn't do what he was paid to do. 

"I wish I could join you, but my mother needs me to help plan daddy's gala," Vivi sighed as I walked around my spacious bedroom, the need to shop filling my veins. "You know how those things are," She whispered and I nodded, understanding how life went. "Tell Cordelia I said hello," I waved to her as she blew me a kiss goodbye, hanging up the call. I let out a sigh of frustration as I walked over to the balcony, trying to see if Pierre arrived yet. Nope, he didn't. I hoped he realized that he was on someone else's time, not his. He was trained early on to know these kinds of things.

As I looked among the green of our extensive land, seeing the many estates and buildings that my parents decided to build for whatever reason, I realized that this part of the state was on its own behavior. Palo Alto Hills, the quiet and greenest part of the city of San Jose, had a lot more wealth than I originally pegged it. That was given because the net worth of the city increased when my father decided to move us here so he could grow out his company. 

It was such a shame he moved us here though. I mean, we managed to move right in, living alongside other people of the same money and income, but it didn't say the same for the majority of the city. If I were to venture even thirty minutes out, I would shudder at the thought of seeing homeless people on the streets. 

It mattered none to me what happened outside of these four walls, so I didn't make it a concern of mine to go poking around in something like that. It was what it was. Luckily, the weather was nice today and my parents weren't home. I had the opportunity to go indulge in my hobby before they returned, provided that Pierre arrived within the millisecond.