All Over Now

--Eloise--

Holy shit...

I can't believe it...

This was really happening. 

He really stood there in all his glory and influence, eyes falling onto me.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I felt an explosion of relief and happiness in my chest. He was like a breath of fresh air after a lifetime of pollution. I couldn't believe it... It was really him... Never would I have ever thought I'd be this overjoyed to be in his presence. To know that he was the one that was standing in front of me. To know that he came for me...

Ashton...

Why were you suddenly such a sight for sore eyes?

"Ashton!" I cried out desperately amid my turbulent emotions. I didn't stop there. I couldn't stop there. I needed more than just seeing it with my own eyes. It still seemed too good to be true.

My legs, as shaky and tired as they were, strode off the spot I stood at and rushed over to him. Why was it that all of a sudden, I felt so compelled towards you? Where have you been all this time? I thought...you were gone. And, yet, here you were. You had come to take me away from this place. 

My feet splashed against the mud, flicking up onto my legs as I stumbled in my sprint over to him. Ashton...

I needed to know that he was really there. I wanted to feel that he was really here – longing for the warmth of his body in this chilly air.

My body collided into his chest and I heard his heart beating against my ear. You're...alive. You're here. Why are you here?

My arms coiled tighter around his waist and felt my lip begin to quiver. And, why, did I feel so relieved to see you? 

My heart quickened when I felt his arms rest on my shoulder and slightly pull me away. I looked up at him and let out a whimper when he smiled warmly at me.

"Why're you still crying? I'm here now, aren't I?"

Ashton...It's really you...

"You were behind all this?" I muttered, referring to the chaos ensuing in the background. Of course, he was. I hadn't needed a response to know that this was all his doing. Ashton clasped my cheek to wipe away my tears. I couldn't hold back another embrace, just to confirm that he wasn't just a figment of my imagination...that I hadn't gone crazy from all that's happened. "You're here for me, right? You've come to take me back?" I heard him hum from above me as he held me close. I lifted my head back up to stare at him, eyebrows furrowed in a determination I hadn't felt in so long. "Then let's go. I want to go now, Ashton! Take me away from here!"

Ashton searched my eyes for a few moments before calling over to a man named Kevin. I listened in as they shared a few words about leaving before Kevin shouted something in Mandarin to all the others.

"Eloise..." I looked at Ashton when he spoke softly, grasping my shoulders ever so gently. "Are you okay...?" My face contorted with pain for a bit, thinking of everything that's happened. No...I'm really not okay... But, with Ashton here, it felt better than it had been before. So, I nodded, hugging him again as if he would just disappear if I didn't. "It's going to be alright now...I'm sorry I took so long but...I promise you it's over now...I won't let you suffer anymore..." I nodded again and sobbed a little into his chest. Yeah...it's finally over. I just want to get away from this place. "Come on. We can't wait around for too long and attract attention," he said, leading me over by the hand to a black car. He opened the door for me and I stole a glance of Wendy and Carly as I climbed in. Their jaws were hanging open the slightest bit as they stared back before being guided by some of the men towards the cars.