Chapter 6 - She is not dumb

Please Vote, Comment and Share.

--JASON--

I kept staring at her throughout the class. Tears streamed down her face endlessly and she didn't try to wipe them away. I felt helpless for not being able to do anything for her and instantly knew Josh is going to pay for it.

Sure I didn't recognize her when she entered the class room like a scared puppy wearing a t-shirt that's two sizes bigger than hers and jeans which looked like her brother's. At first, I was shocked to see it's her when I pulled her up and thought she was as pretty as ever. 

She looked different. Still, pretty.

I turned to my right and saw Gabe staring at me with a frown.

"Do you know her?" he asked me eagerly.

If he found out that she is the store girl I talked about, he would make my life hell; pleading me to break up with Cheryl and go, ask her out.

So, I went with the safer option "No"

He nodded but still looked like he didn't believe me. 

The hour long class seemed like a never ending infinite loop with the beautiful girl sobbing beside me.

Once the class is over, she tried to run away quickly but I held her wrist telling her to wait and let the whole class go out. 

After a couple of minutes, the class is empty except for us and Gabe who is still beside me, looking totally confused.

I looked at her,  straight in the eye and said "You should not let those pricks ruin your day. This is your first day and you might've thought that people here are worse. But trust me, everyone's not like them. You will soon like here and might even get your friends for lifetime; like how you girls say BFFs. So, stop worrying about what has happened. OK?"

She nodded and I did something that made her look at me in shock and Gabe gasp. 

I pulled out her spectacles and wiped her tears away with my fingers before putting them on again. 

"I don't know if you've ever been told, but you have pretty eyes" I said smiling at her "Don't ruin those tears for someone not worthy"

She gave a small smile and satisfied by her reaction, I left the room with Gabe. 

I know he is eyeing me curiously demanding an explanation but I acted like its nothing.

We are walking to our next class before Gabe couldn't take anymore and yelled "What was that? Who the hell is she?"

"Anna. You heard the teacher tell us"

"Don't you 'duh' me okay? I meant who is she-- to you?"

"Nothing. A class mate"

"Oh. That's it? Then why did you switch on your protective mode on a total stranger?" he spat in a disbelieving tone.

I groaned "Look. I don't know her. Ok? She was sobbing and I thought of helping her. That's it. End of Discussion"

He muttered bitterly "Whatever"

Its apparent that he still had doubts but I'd push the discussion about her as far as possible.

I reached the class room and got seated at the last row as usual; this time beside Emily who is one of my best friends since she joined the school. She is biting her nails in worry while glancing at the door nervously. 

"Hey Em. Are you okay?"

She looked at me tensely "You know Anna, my friend. She has to be here. I am scared if something happened to her as I lost her in the last hour"